Lower Street 1 month ago
Podcast Growth Content Marketer
Europe, North America, South America · Full Time
- 💸 $350 Receive a Referral Bonus 💸*
- 🧨 Staff Pick
- 🌴 4 Weeks PTO
- 🕘 Flexible Hours
- 🏖️ Team Meetups
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🔑 Report to Founder
- 🚀 High Growth Potential
- 📚 Equipment and Education Budget
- 🗺 Anywhere in the Americas or Europe
*Get Paid: If you recommend this job to the person that gets hired, we will give you a $350 referral bonus! How will we contact you about giving you your bonus? Tell your referral to list your name and/or email in the “How did you hear about this job?” question. Once they’re hired, we’ll make sure you get paid.
Now Hiring: Remote Podcast Growth Content Marketer
Passionate about podcasts and marketing? Here’s what we’re looking for…
Ready to work in the fast-growing podcast industry and help podcasters build their audiences? We’re looking for a hungry marketer who’s ready to establish themself as THE podcast industry growth hacker at our rapidly growing B2B podcast agency.
About Lower Street
Podcasting for brands is all we do, and we love it.
We’re a small, fully remote, boutique agency serving global clients. With a UK HQ, our team is spread over the world.
We’re focused on 2 things:
- Making the best podcasts we possibly can, and
- Continually learning and improving on what we do – both individually and as a team.
About the Position
This is the ideal position for an ambitious marketer that’s passionate about the growing podcast industry and the opportunities it presents. Work with us to learn everything we know about podcast audience growth and leapfrog us to establish yourself as a THE podcast industry growth hacker within a fast-growing B2B podcast agency.
This is a newly created position to help out the founder, Harry. The new hire will be working closely with him on executing marketing strategies and testing new ones. He’s looking for someone who is passionate about podcasting, marketing, and looking for a challenge. The Podcast Growth and Content Marketer will be executing on the promotion of the clients’ podcasts, building partnerships, and looking for new opportunities.
The Skills Needed
Aptitude, drive, and passion are very important for this role. The new hire will need marketing experience, but that won’t be the sole deciding factor in the hiring process.
We’re looking for experience with:
- Content Marketing and SEO
- Strong writing skills
- Email marketing and campaigns
- A BIG plus if you are great at building long-term relationships within the podcast community. You will be reaching out to podcasts/networks to help drive and facilitate partnerships.
Here are the responsibilities and projects in order of priority:
SEO and Content
- Writing 2x blog posts per week
- Updating previous best performing posts
- Create case studies for our various target markets/verticals
- Create social content and grow our presence on key channels
- Promote our clients’ podcasts through tried and tested channels, but continue to experiment and improve on the systems we use
- Deepen relationships with editorial teams at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, etc
- Pitch shows for editorial coverage on these platforms
- Develop relationships with podcasters and networks to pitch in cross-promotional partnerships, sponsorship opportunities, and guest booking
- Develop relationships with podcast ad networks for sponsorship buying
- Work with the founder to create sales funnel content and email automation
- Nurture sequences, etc., to increase our conversions.
Develop new products for the business
- Work with the founder to develop, launch, and market a course
- Ultimately our new hire will take ownership of clients’ promotional budgets and make purchase decisions autonomously and become somewhat of a product manager.
- Will create systems and processes to manage our outreach to customers and building partnerships.
- Location: Anywhere compatible with US/EU timezones. The founder is based in the UK and so at least half a working day of overlap is required.
- Experience with content marketing, SEO, and email marketing
- Passion for marketing and podcasting
- Work from anywhere and set your own schedule
- Join an established remote team of 6 full-timers and many contractors
- 4 weeks (20 days) paid holiday per year
- Paid public holidays
- Uncapped sick days
- Equipment budget for mic, headphones, etc
- Self-development budget for courses, conferences, books
- Occasional travel for team meetups and conferences (when that becomes possible)
- Side projects for personal development and/or local community welcomed and encouraged
- As a company, we plant 75 trees for every podcast we produce
We are a UK private limited company and hire all staff on a contract basis, but treat our full-timers exactly as we would treat employees – holidays, sick pay, etc.