Trialfacts 2 months ago
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time
- 🕘 Flexible Hours
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 📚 Training and Development
- 📅 Applications Close May 29th
- 💰 $4,900 AUD/month ($3800 USD)
Now Hiring: Remote Marketing Manager
Make a Dent in the Universe by Solving the Number One Problem Faced by Medical Researchers
- Advance Medical Research
- Have Freedom Over When, Where & How You Work
- Drive Innovation Supported By An Awesome Team
- Take Paid Holidays Whenever You Like
- Share In Company Success
Hello— We’re Trialfacts, a remote entrepreneurial company, and without us, a lot of medical research would not be possible. We’re searching for a Marketing Manager to help our team solve our clients’ biggest problem. If you’re looking for a position where you can set your own hours, take holidays as you see fit, work remotely from home or anywhere in the world, and help medical research succeed, then please read on.
Today’s highly sophisticated medical system has added nearly 20 years of life expectancy, reduced infant mortality by 90% and maternal mortality by 99%. Polio, leprosy, smallpox, and tuberculosis are practically eradicated, even in the poorest countries in the world. More recently, medical researchers around the world have come together to create a variety of vaccines to combat Covid-19. There’s plenty of room for improvement, but advances in health that have been achieved over the past 20 years are due to new medications, medical devices and understanding developed through health research.
Our clients— Academic researchers and medical research organizations, are working hard to continue to develop treatments and devices, increase our understanding, eradicate sickness and improve quality of life. Their biggest challenge is spending half of their time searching for and never being able to recruit enough of the participants required for their health research.
Our company— Trialfacts, removes the biggest hurdle and frustration to conducting their research, by recruiting the participants they require for their health research, and many times thereby saving their research. We do this in a predictable and reliable manner, by determining upfront exactly how many participants we can recruit, and backing that up with a money-back guarantee.
We’re looking for someone who can:
Lead— As part of the leadership team, you’ll be leading and managing our growing participant recruitment department, the most important area of our business. This area is responsible for delivering our core service: a reliable, steady flow of participants for our client’s health research.
Manage— The participant recruitment department is currently made up of two teams of 5, each led by a Team Lead, who will report directly to you. You will be responsible for keeping them accountable, achieving department KPIs and ensuring escalated client issues are resolved.
Expand— With your marketing expertise, you will increase our capacity to recruit more participants for clients by experimenting with, and driving the adoption of, additional digital and traditional marketing channels.
Improve— You’ll be responsible for driving continuous improvement in our existing marketing channels, recruitment team, and client interaction. In addition, you will drive creation of and improvement in existing team tools and assets (e.g. client portal, study reporting, client knowledge base).
What’s in it for you:
Autonomy— We don’t have set working hours. We don’t have a leave application process (you can take paid holidays whenever you want). We don’t micromanage or babysit. You’ll be accountable to the rest of the team purely on your results, and not on the number of hours spent working. Our team is remote (we communicate via Slack, Basecamp and Zoom). We set our own hours based on what works for us and our clients. As long as you have a good internet connection you can work from wherever in the world you choose.
Innovation— We’re the first company in our industry to guarantee our results. We’ve launched innovative participant recruitment strategies (e.g. our phone screening appointment system) that provide predictability and certainty in a volatile industry, and we’re constantly improving our service. It’s our data-driven approach and continuous focus on innovative participant recruitment strategies that allows us to help our clients successfully reach their goals.
Impact— Trialfacts plays an extremely important role in contributing to medical research and driving humanity forward. Our clients—researchers working at universities, pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies, natural medicine companies, hospitals and medical practices—work hard to develop treatments and technology that cure diseases and improve quality of life.
Growth— As a member of a small but rapidly growing team you’ll be given the opportunity to learn new skills and experiment in new areas, as well as progress and build on what you already know. You’ll have access to courses and training programs of your choice, paid for by Trialfacts.
Opportunity— As a small and innovative team we’ve done away with outdated corporate thinking like the physical office, micromanaging and bureaucratic leave processes, but we haven’t thrown the baby out with the bathwater. We offer a flexible work environment, quarterly bonus (based on company performance), a personal and tailored development plan reviewed with you every three months, and continued opportunities for professional growth.
We’re growing rapidly and we’re excited to have someone join the team that will be focusing exclusively on participant recruitment marketing, helping us to expand our footprint and meet our vision of positively impacting 1 million people through participation in research, by 2030. The future looks optimistic as we continue to improve and expand on our core service.
This position is for you if you:
- Have led a marketing team— you’re an excellent leader and people manager. You’ve had experience in coaching and mentoring. Under your guidance, your teams have levelled up and thrived.
- Have previously worked in (and improved) a small company— although not a dealbreaker, we’re looking for someone that comes from a small agency or business environment and understands the challenges that come with it. This means you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get things done, even if you have to do it yourself. You’re able to develop new processes for things that currently don’t have them, and you’re incredibly resourceful – people or budget constraints don’t faze you.
- Have extensive marketing experience— you’ve run successful marketing campaigns across a variety of channels. Ideally you have experience in Facebook advertising, Youtube advertising, email marketing, influencer marketing, affiliate marketing and PR.
- Have a passion for making data-driven decisions— Our participant recruitment approach is a data-driven one. You will need to be competent and comfortable with analyzing spreadsheets and interpreting data to make informed decisions, and be accountable for their outcomes.
- Can keep yourself and your team accountable— You lead by example and set very high standards. You take ownership of problems and don’t make excuses. You’re not afraid of conflict and can have difficult conversations, with positive outcomes.
- Are an excellent communicator— as a leader of a remote team you will need to have both excellent verbal and written communication. You’re articulate and a very good listener.
- Can think outside the box— advertising for health research comes with a unique set of challenges and restrictions. We need someone that is able to come up with creative solutions in spite of that.
- Can prioritise— You’re able to identify and focus on what’s most important to the business.
- Are flexible— in an entrepreneurial business we sometimes have to wear different hats. We’re looking for someone that takes ownership and wants to help grow our company. If you’re the kind of person who would rather sit back and say “that’s not my responsibility” then please don’t apply. You’ll also need to be ok with having some overlap between US business hours and Australian business hours for team meetings and ad hoc client calls.
- Love learning— we’re a team that’s driven by learning and improving. We’re looking for someone who wants to learn and develop their professional skills, grow as a person and constantly improve the service that we provide.
- Are results-driven— You get the job done when you say you will.
Yes, this position description is so long that it needs a summary!
Here are the facts:
Set your own hours: Choose when and how you work, but there needs to be some flexibility to have training and meetings. This is a full-time position.
Work remotely: We’re a virtual team located around the globe. You can live anywhere or travel with this position. You will need a reliable internet connection.
Results-based environment: You’ll be evaluated based on your results and will not be micromanaged.
Commitment to learning: We believe in continuous improvement and growth. You’ll be mentored, guided, and trained by our leadership team. External resources, courses and training programs paid for by Trialfacts.
Contribute something meaningful to the world: We make a lot of medical research possible that would otherwise fail, and remove the #1 headache faced by researchers in a predictable and reliable manner, backed by our money-back guarantee.
Trial period: There will be an initial paid trial period typically lasting 1-2 weeks (sometimes longer) with 1-2 candidates.
Compensation: Salary plus quarterly bonus.
Interested in making a difference with us?
Here’s how to apply: If you are interested in this position, please click the button below and follow the application instructions. Please note that in addition to interviews, this hiring process will involve a small number of short assessments similar to some of the work to be completed in the role.