Accounting Wise 2 months ago
AmericasEurope · Full Time
- 🧨 Staff Pick
- 🏖️ Unlimited PTO
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🏝 Company Retreats
- 🚀 High Growth Potential
- 💡 3+ Years of Experience
- 📅 Applications Close on Sept 4th
- 🗺 Anywhere in Latin America or Eastern Europe
Now Hiring: Remote Staff Accountant
Do you have extensive knowledge of GAAP and know your way around online accounting platforms? If you’re looking for a remote job with a fun team, unlimited PTO, company retreats, and opportunities for growth then this could be for you. Accounting Wise is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team and help manage the books of SaaS companies.
About Accounting Wise
Accounting Wise was founded in 2011 and has evolved from a tax practice to assist SaaS companies and online business with bookkeeping, preparation of financial reports, and being a support for their internal accounting needs.
We offer opportunities at the ground level of a growing accounting firm. We are a small but a global team in which everyone’s opinion matters, we support each other and help our clients succeed. Our goal is to become the number one provider of internal accounting services to SaaS companies and online businesses. As we grow, each team member will have a direct impact on building and contributing to the success of the company. In addition, we encourage a remote work lifestyle that offers our team members the flexibility to travel and have a good work/life balance.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team. The Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for bookkeeping tasks for SaaS companies and other online service-based businesses. We are looking for a candidate that has experience working remotely, self-reliant, proactive, and responsible. Punctuality, the ability to follow a set schedule, and effective use of time management are highly valued. This is a client-facing position; thus we are looking for someone with social skills, a helpful attitude, and experience contacting clients.
In addition, we are looking for a candidate that has extensive knowledge of GAAP accounting principles with the ability to apply these principles in the various bookkeeping jobs assigned. Attention to detail, critical thinking, and outside of the box thinking are characteristics a potential candidate should possess. A candidate should have experience working with Quickbooks Online, Xero, NetSuite, or other online accounting platforms.
What We Offer:
- Remote culture – work from anywhere
- Unlimited paid time off
- Annual team and company retreats
- Learning and growth opportunities
- The starting salary is $1,250/month for the first 3 months and $1,500/month after
Primary Job Duties:
- Bookkeeping for SaaS companies or similar online service-based businesses
- Management of accounts payables and receivables
- Reconciliation of financial accounts
- In-depth knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets
- Preparation of customized reports per client request
- Communication with clients via phone, video conference, email, and Slack
The day to day will look like:
- Starting the day by reviewing the to-do list, priority items, meetings, etc. to organize their daily schedule,
- Preparation of various client work, meeting with clients as needed, etc.
- All team communication is done through Slack and Zoom. Each team member is expected to be available online and attentive to the messages they receive.
- Weekly Team WIP meetings held every Monday.
- If the candidate is from Latin America they should expect their schedule to be 9 am to 6 pm EST.
- If they are located in Eastern Europe, they should expect it to be 2 pm – 11 pm.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
We’re looking for candidates based in Latin America and Eastern Europe. We’re open to candidates located in other places.
Experience and Knowledge:
- 3 + year minimum in accounting or bookkeeping
- GAAP Principles
- Online Accounting Software
- Experience as an accountant or bookkeeper
- Quickbooks Online, Xero or other online accounting software
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- Zoom Video Conferencing
- Zoho Projects
- Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Detailed oriented is extremely important
- Ability to problem solve using experience, research and other information
- Responsible and punctual
- Ability to prioritize projects, set goals and schedule time use appropriately
Ready to join us? We want to get to know you! Apply below!
Don’t forget to say in your application:
“I found this great opportunity at Dynamite Jobs”
It helps us add more than 250+ new remote jobs each week.
Want more jobs like this?
Receive recommended jobs and connect with hiring companies by joining our free Job Placement Program.