Accounting Wise 3 weeks ago
Europe · Full Time
- 🧨 Staff Pick
- 💰 $1,500 / month
- 🏖️ Unlimited PTO
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🏝 Company Retreats
- 🗺 Anywhere in Europe
- 💡 5+ Years of Experience
- 📅 Applications Close on January 18th
Now Hiring: Remote Staff Accountant
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team. The Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for bookkeeping tasks for SaaS companies and other online service-based businesses. We are looking for a candidate that has experience working remotely, self-reliant, proactive, and responsible. Attention to detail, critical thinking and outside of the box thinking are required characteristics. In addition, a candidate should be able to demonstrate a strong ability to problem solve and manage multiple clients at once while organizing as well as prioritizing their projects. The candidate should have extensive knowledge of GAAP accounting principles with the ability to apply these principles in the various bookkeeping jobs assigned. A candidate should have extensive experience working with Quickbooks Online, Xero, or other online accounting platforms.
Punctuality, the ability to follow a set schedule and an effective use of time management are highly valued. Initially this will not be a client-facing position; although it will become one, thus we are looking for someone with social skills, a helpful attitude and experience contacting clients. Lastly, we are looking for a long term staff member that is motivated to help our startup grow and succeed for years to come.
About the Company:
Accounting Wise was founded in 2011 and has evolved from a tax practice to assist SaaS companies and online business with bookkeeping, preparation of financial reports and being a support for their internal accounting needs.
We offer opportunities at the ground level of a growing accounting firm. We are a small but a global team, with 6 members including the founder, in which everyone’s opinion matters, we support each other and help our clients succeed. Our goal is to become the number one provider of internal accounting services to SaaS companies and online businesses. As we grow, each team member will have a direct impact in building and contributing to the success of the company. In addition, we encourage a remote work lifestyle that offers our team members the flexibility to travel and have a good work / life balance.
What we offer:
- Remote culture – work from anywhere
- Unlimited paid time off
- Annual team and company retreats
- Learning and growth opportunities
Primary Job Duties:
- Bookkeeping for SaaS companies or similar online service-based businesses
- Revenue Recognition Management
- Management of accounts payables and receivables
- Reconciliation of financial accounts
- In-depth knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets
- Preparation of customized reports per client request
- Communication with internal team via video conference, e-mail, and Slack
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- ACCA Certification preferred
- 5 + year minimum
- Quickbooks Online, Xero or other online accounting software
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- Slack, Teams or other messaging apps
- Zoom Video Conferencing
- Zoho Projects
- Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Detailed oriented is extremely important
- Ability to problem solve using experience, research and other information
- Responsible and punctual
- Ability to prioritize projects, set goals and schedule time use appropriately
The salary is $1,250/mo for the probation period (expected to be 3 months) and then $1,500/mo thereafter with bi-annual bonus opportunities between 0% – 15% of monthly salary. For example, if your performance warrants a bonus of 10%, you would receive 10% on 6 months of salary. There will be annual reviews to assess possible raises.
Ready to join us? We want to get to know you! Apply below!
Don’t forget to say in your application:
“I found this great opportunity at Dynamite Jobs”
It helps us add more than 300+ new remote jobs each week.
Have you created your Dynamite Jobs profile yet? If not, Create one here.