Dragonfruit Media 3 weeks ago
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Part Time
- 🧨 Staff Pick
- ⚕️ Health Stipend
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 📈 Profit-Sharing/Bonuses
- 🏖️ Generous Vacation Policy
- ✈️ Yearly Off-Site Team Retreats
- 💡 Open to Any Level Experience
- 📅 Applications Close August 12th
- 📚 Unlimited Amazon Book Allowance
- 🎓 Educational Reimbursement Stipends
Now Hiring: Part-Time Account Manager (⭐️ players wanted!)
Why this job is important
We’re scaling much faster than we anticipated this quarter so we need exceptional people to help keep the 🚀 FLYING!. We’re bringing on our first account manager to spearhead client visions, develop channel strategies, and bring a ton of REALLY good YouTube videos to life.
What you’ll learn
- You’ll be sponging up the learnings from a young company (est. 2020) with an incredibly diverse set of clientele. We’ve worked on everything from Kendrick Lamar’s notetaking process to uncovering a multibillion-dollar cryptocurrency scandal
- You’ll operate at the intersection of video production and content marketing, and become a pro at things like:
- Developing a comprehensive content strategy that is based on one platform (YouTube) but leverages others
- Youtube retention charts (What keeps people watching? What makes videos go viral?)
- Client management; how to manage and coach the needs and requests of clients
Who you’ll work with
- We’re a small team that prioritizes fun, autonomy, and memes (since we make content, we try to keep up with the youngun’s lingo, “no cap”).
- We love to balance team meetings with OKR reviews and screaming bloody murder at each other in Among Us. So don’t be sus.
Where you’ll do it
- Anywhere in the world! Sit on the beaches of Maui or the mountains of Tibet.
- If you ARE in SF or LA, we might be able to co-work!
What we do
Dragonfruit Media aims to not only create the best content in the world. but content that makes the world a better place.
We want to leverage the power of human storytelling to amplify marginalized voices, teach valuable insights, and tackle systemic problems”
Why we do it
- 🔥 We believe that video is the fastest growing and most scalable medium for companies creators to utilize
- 💵 We think that businesses owning organic distribution channels (vs constantly buying media) is the future of marketing
- 🌎 We think stories transform lives, and if we can reach thousands of people’s through our client’s videos we are making the world a better place
Who you are
- You have a knack for visual aesthetics, you may have even edited some videos yourself in the past!
- Pride yourself on your people and communication skills; you could probably wipe your family on family poker night
- Eager about goal setting; you don’t roll your eyes at company OKRs
- Comfortable working in startup environments and the resourcefulness and adaptiveness that requires, putting out a fire on the occasional evening/weekend does not scare you
- Tech-savvy and are a quick learner with software (we need more slack GIFS!!!)
- Articulate and bold and are not afraid to stand up and provide upwards feedback
- Agency or content marketing industry experience (OR BOTH) is a major plus!
- Become primary liaison with the client, leading a weekly meeting to check in on channel vision, video performance, and upcoming recordings
- Managing a team of 3-4 subcontractors per client, keeping track of an editorial calendar in Airtable and Process.st, and keeping ahead of schedule with minimal oversight.
- Looking at YouTube retention charts and audience comments for feedback to improve your videos each time.
- Conducting YouTube channel and video research to identify similar videos and planning better content
- 6 Month Objectives (In 6 Months you will have):
- Developed an original Youtube content strategy for a new incoming client including content buckets, studio design, and title/thumbnail guidelines
- Learned how to 2-3 clients accounts independently
- Completed full feedback cycle for at least 10-12 videos (post-publication retention analysis, providing feedback to editors and scriptwriters, revising the content plan for client based on data)
Researched and understood the comprehensive landscape of the top business and entrepreneurship channels on YouTube
- Work from anywhere (we’re 100% remote)
- Yearly off-site team retreats
- Profit-sharing /Bonuses
- Generous vacation policy (We pay a $1000 bonus if you take a full unplugged 5 consecutive days off)
- Unlimited Amazon book allowance (within reason!)
- Educational reimbursement stipends (courses/webinars)
- $100/mo. reimbursable health/mental health stipend