Insight Matters 2 weeks ago
Accountant / Bookkeeper
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 💡 5+ Years of Experience
- 📅 Applications Close July 3rd
- 💰 $1200 – $1700 per month (DOE)
Now Hiring: Remote Accountant / Bookkeeper
We are Insight Matters.
We believe that every business owner deserves the same financial insight that a Corporate CEO has, and that these insights are critical for them to achieve their goals.
We are a full-service financial support service, working mainly with e-Commerce and Service companies – delivering bookkeeping, management reporting & analysis & financial consultancy to our clients.
Our clients use our services to answer critical business questions: can they invest in hiring a new person? Are they getting the right return on marketing? Where are they leaving money on the table? Which products or services are most profitable?
Our team is fully remote and currently spread out over various countries in Europe and Asia, while our clients are mainly in the US, Europe, and Asia. We are a small but growing team – where delivering quality to our clients is the #1 priority and have an open and informal team culture based on trust and transparency.
What you’ll be doing
Your role consists of two parts:
- End-to-end bookkeeping process for your clients – this will be 5-7 entities, depending on the size & complexity of the clients
- Formalize and improve our internal bookkeeping processes to ensure more efficient delivery at the highest quality level
If you are up for it, you will grow into the head of the bookkeeping team as we expand the team down the road.
To succeed in this full-time role, you most likely have:
- 5+ years experience in bookkeeping or preferably accounting or controlling (end-to-end processes including FSCP/Financial Statements Closing Procedures)
- Experienced in handling multiple clients with weekly and monthly timelines
- Strong business acumen
- Experience having responsibility for Hong Kong, EU, and/or the United States bookkeeping or Accounting (tax knowledge in these territories is a plus!)
- Proven experience working with e-Commerce or Service Companies
- Proven experience in major accounting platforms such as but not limited to (Xero, QBO)
- Proven experience in setting up and documenting processes, process automation, and process improvements
- Good written English, to communicate accounting information and questions in laymen’s terms to our clients
Personal traits that will help us both succeed:
- Super organized & structured
- Eye for detail
- Natural problem-solver and solution-oriented
- Dares to ask questions, and follow-up questions when needed
- Proactively think, brings suggestions and ideas to the table
- Not afraid to make mistakes
- Sees constructive feedback as an opportunity to learn, not as criticism