aThemes 2 months ago
Blog Content Editor
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time, Part Time
- 💰 $30 USD per hour
- 🔑 Work with the CEO
- 💡 2 Years of Experience
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- ⏲ Part-Time or Full-Time options
- 📅 Applications close August 26th
- 🕘 4 hours overlap 9 am – 5 pm CET
Now Hiring: Remote Blog Content Editor
Edit content for a leading blog about WordPress
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented editor with a few years of experience, who is excited to help grow an already successful blog. Note that we find that it’s helpful that you have experience writing/editing in the WordPress, SaaS, and/or online business space.
As our Blog Content Editor, you’ll help us create and maintain high-quality content, work directly with the CEO on the blog strategy (e.g. what should we publish to drive traffic, make money, build links, etc), and identify ideas to help us improve our blog in general.
Who we are and what we want to accomplish
We have a successful blog full of helpful WordPress and online business-related content including reviews, product comparisons, lists, but we believe our blog can be so much more.
It currently brings in a significant amount of affiliate revenue with a small but talented content team. Our aim is for our blog to be one of the top blogs in the WordPress space so we are building out an A-team to help us get there and that’s where you come in!
You’ll work directly with our CEO, a team of freelance writers, a technical editor, an SEO specialist, and a designer.
What you’ll do
- Edit and improve new and existing content
- Manage the editorial calendar
- Manage a small team of freelance writers
- Create content outlines for writers, edit and format submitted content to meet quality standards, and give writers feedback to help them improve their craft
- Help recruit and onboard new writers
- Guard the quality of our blog
- Plan new topics for the blog
What success looks like
- We are publishing consistently high-quality new content on the blog
- Existing content is being regularly reviewed and updated to ensure it remains competitive
Who we are looking for
- You started as a writer but transitioned into an editorial position (or do both), so you understand what it takes to make a blog article excellent from both sides.
- You have at least 2 years of editorial and writing experience, preferably in SaaS, eCommerce, or a related content space, and have familiarity with and interest in WordPress and related topics.
- Ideally, you’ve built and/or managed a WordPress site before and understand the challenge of identifying the best tools and plugins.
- You are an excellent writer but also have a sharp editor’s eye (you can spot a typo from a mile away!) who appreciates high-quality content, process, and data-driven decisions
- Though you have a way with words and have a knack for making an article more appealing, engaging, and informative, you also geek out on data and use it to better inform your editorial strategy and outrank our competitors.
- You like to combine hands-on editing with thinking about the bigger picture (i.e. business goals).
- You are good at project management, i.e. you can maintain communication with multiple authors and manage an editorial calendar based on what their estimates are.
- A strong foundational understanding of SEO and experience with SEO/keyword research tools so you can hit the ground running as soon as you start (Ahrefs, SEMrush, Clearscope, MarketMuse, etc)
- You thrive working in autonomous, remote work environments.
- Your English communication skills, both in speaking and writing, are native or near-native.
Bonus points if you have experience with technical content and know, for example, how to check changelogs.
Some practical things
We are ideally looking for someone full-time but will consider part-time applicants (with a 20 hour a week minimum commitment).
You can live anywhere in the world but we ask that at least 4 hours of your working hours overlap with the 9 am-5 pm CET (Central European Time) workday so you can interact with the rest of the team. Our core working hours at between 10 am-2 pm CET.
‘The ‘a’ in aThemes stands for Awesome. That’s right—we don’t beat around the bush.
We create well-designed and easy-to-use WordPress themes, backed by speedy support and frequent updates. We have 100k+ users from around the world. Our blog reaches hundreds of thousands a month with our reviews, roundups, and guides.
Those numbers are growing. Needless to say, we could do with some help. That’s where you come in!
How we work
We are a small, tight-knit team of 10, distributed globally. We don’t mind where you work: from home, a co-working space, a coffee shop — wherever you feel the most inspired.
With a flat structure, you’ll work closely with the CEO and team to explore new ideas and run tests to identify the best ones to pursue.
If you see a better way to do something, we’re open to feedback. We don’t believe things are set in stone. We want to find the best ideas and go big. We create the space and give you the autonomy to do that.
What you’ll get if you join us
- Competitive compensation. We are looking to pay around $30 an hour for this role.
- True flexibility. While we do ask for a few hours of overlap each day, outside of that, you are free to work whenever and wherever suits you best.
- Massive autonomy. We don’t do micro-managing. At the same time, the team is there to support you and always happy to lend a hand.
- Direct access to the CEO who has a strong background in SEO, takes a keen interest in the blog, and wants to see you succeed.
Apply for the job
If this sounds interesting to you, then let’s talk!