Appy Ventures 6 months ago
Business Analyst/Product Owner
Europe · Full Time
- ? Staff Pick
- ? Report to CEO
- ? Work for a DCer
- ⏲ Part-time or Full-time
- ✈️ Opportunity to Travel
- ? High Growth Potential
- ? Competitive Salary and Perks
- ? Anywhere in Europe (Preferably in the UK)
Now Hiring: Remote Business Analyst/ Product Owner
Hi, I’m Patrice, the CEO at Appy (sounds grander than it is), thanks for reading and nice to meet you.
Appy’s aim is to be Tech Partners to Entrepreneurs wanting to build a tech-led business – accelerating ideas and incubating businesses.
We grow startups and digitally transform corporates.
I’ve probably put too many buzz words in the paragraphs above, so if you’re not put off, that’s a good start.
Appy is a Tech Partner and about as far away from an agency mentality as I can make it.
We work collaboratively together with clients to create great digital products, even if that often means we have to tell clients some of their assumptions are wrong – it’s all part of the process! We have stopped working with clients that don’t understand the concept of “Tech Partner” and just want an agency – that’s just not for us.
You’re the right person for this role if you’re an A-Player, who loves to take ownership of their projects, be proactive to make things better, a can-do attitude and always think about solutions, not just problems.
It’s always hard to convey the ideal profile in a job advert but in a nutshell, this is the role for you if:
- You want a flexible and potentially part-time role, maybe it’s 09:00 – 14:30ish for 4/5 days a week, (hours are flexible), mornings only or full time – it’s a question of knowing what you can do in the time you have, communicating, taking ownership and nailing it!
- You have strong experience in doing this kind of role and want fun projects
- You are keen to work remotely and can get to London c.2x per month (if you can also get to Farnham area to meet Patrice and Rob, that would be a bonus but not essential at all)
That’s what I’m looking for… Patrice
Now, The Role (as written by our Product Director, Rob)
As Product Requirements Analyst, your role will be very hands-on, working closely with the CEO and Product Director to analyze high-level business requirements and translate them into technical specifications for our engineering team to work with during the build phase.
Engaging with the wider team (PM, Tech Lead, UX Design), you will identify and feedback technical product gaps, address logic and process issues, explore potential integrations and personally define, where necessary, more technically detailed functional requirements.
- Work with business product managers to understand the high-level business requirements and support the definition of use cases and/or user stories
- Provide technical analysis of the requirements and liaise with Product Managers on areas of concern, such as requirement holes, logic gaps, process considerations, and technical UX
- Ask the right questions to extract the fully desired behavior and help define, building on the functional requirements delivered by the product teams
- Work with internal architects and engineers to come up with solutions for technical consideration, liaising for proof of concepts where appropriate
- Proactively influence the introduction and/or enhancement of products to help the business meet objectives,
- When necessary, support relevant teams across the company to ensure the product meets expected technical/functional requirements.
- Model solutions to solve technical problems and analyse the use of third-party tool integrations to achieve product goals
- Work with various stakeholders and key team members to ensure product requirements are complete before the estimation and build process starts
We are looking for someone who has
- Previous experience working in a digital product development environment
- Knowledge of writing technical specifications using Agile methodologies
- Ability to explain complex or abstract technical problems to a less technical audience
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Natural problem solver and strategic thinker
- Passionate about digital and emerging trends
You should apply if
- You’re an excellent analytical thinker with great organisational skills
- You’re comfortable with data, and pick up technical skills up easily
- You’re a great communicator and comfortable working with remote teams
- You can make the complex simple, and explain it to others in an engaging and informative way
- You’re hands-on and take satisfaction in supporting colleagues, projects or tasks however big or small
- You value collaboration and are at your best when you’re part of a team
- You can accept business goals, but can also consider technical constraints
- You understand how consumer-facing products are built and are comfortable working with a technical team
- You have experience in online or mobile product management, partnering with engineers and designers, and leading product prioritisation and delivery of user-facing functionality
- You have high attention to detail and won’t compromise on precise and effective user-centric design to solve customer problems
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 per year pro-rata
- School holidays off if you want them
- Days off as needed – it’s about getting your projects done – not “micromanaging”!
- Remote work
- Paid travel to London 2x per month
Want to be notified about jobs like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.