Biddy Tarot 1 month ago
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time
- 🔑 Work with the COO
- 💡 3+ Years of Experience
- 💰 Competitive Salary & Perks
- 📅 Applications Close July 14th
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World (available 7 am and 12 pm AEST)
Now Hiring: Remote Business Manager
Who We Are
Biddy Tarot is the leading online learning community for people who are developing their intuition with Tarot as a guide. Our mission is to bring the Tarot into the mainstream and share it as a tool for personal development and spiritual growth.
Established in the early 2000s, Biddy Tarot inspires over 15 million people a year and serves thousands of students through our online courses, membership, books, and audio products.
Our team culture is fast-paced, high-performing, and purpose-driven. We believe in trusting our intuition, taking ownership and initiative, leading with self-awareness and authenticity, collaborating with our peers, and overcoming complex problems with simple solutions. Working at Biddy Tarot isn’t just another job – it’s a personal growth path that will challenge you to transform and evolve as a human being.
As a fast-growing, purpose-driven company with a global, virtual team of 30+, Biddy Tarot is seeking an Online Business Manager who is inspired by spiritual growth, startup culture, and supporting our team to thrive and succeed.
About the Opportunity
This is not your run-of-the-mill Ops job. In fact, there are no logistics and no warehouses to manage… this is about serving a team of growth enthusiasts who are always seeking to make themselves and the business better.
Reporting to the COO, you’ll be a key member of the Operations function, providing the tools, resources, and support our team needs to thrive and succeed. From managing finances, hiring new team members, providing administrative support, updating processes, and supporting our team, you’ll be a designer, builder, and implementer of our Operations frameworks, systems, and processes.
As someone with previous experience in the operations of an online business and virtual global team, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, always-evolving virtual workplace. You are highly adaptable and can find simple, user-friendly solutions to complex problems.
You will be well-versed in virtual team technology, including Asana, Slack, Dropbox, Google Workspace, and Xero. And you’ll have a positive, “everything is figureoutable” approach to managing the team’s needs and supporting their productivity.
Every day is different. One moment you might be deep in the financial data, then the next moment you’re rolling out new internal software, hiring a new project manager, or helping a team member access their email.
This role is best suited to those who are willing to get their hands dirty but also see the bigger picture and strategically prioritize their time and energy.
What You’ll Do
- Manage business projects and initiatives, using Asana and our project management framework
- Provide accurate and up-to-date financial reporting and monitoring, bookkeeping and accounts, and process payroll and accounts payable
- Manage our people operations, including hiring & onboarding, performance management, remuneration, and any workplace issues
- Enhance operational efficiency through process design, documentation, and development
- Ensure we meet our legal obligations, protect our IP and trademarks, and manage business risks
- Create simple business solutions that enhance our ability to be agile, connected, and productive
- Collaborate with team members and managers to understand current issues and remove any blocks and constraints
- Provide the tools, resources, software, and training that enable our team members to be highly effective contributors
- Provide direct administrative support to the Executive Leadership Team
This is a full-time, remote role. As you will be working closely with the Executive Leadership Team located in Australia and New Zealand, and our colleagues in the US, your full-time work schedule must include the hours between 7 am and 12 pm AEST Tues-Fri. Please do not apply if you cannot accommodate this working schedule.
You must have a dedicated work office for video conferencing calls, away from distraction. And you’ll need your own high-speed internet connection, laptop/computer, and phone.
You Will Be A Great Fit For This Role If…
- You have 3+ years experience as an Operations Manager, Online Business Manager, or equivalent, in a fast-paced, high growth startup culture with 20+ employees
- You have 3+ years’ project management experience and have worked with Asana or similar
- You left behind the traditional “9 to 5” long ago (or never even started)
- You have worked in a start-up in the bootstrapping phase and thrive on using any available resources to reach your goals
- You are tertiary educated, ideally in business administration or similar
- You are a people person and service-oriented. You know that your job is to make life easier for the team, help them become more productive, and remove roadblocks
- You are a strategic thinker who is able to develop and implement solutions to complex problems with minimal support or supervision.
- You thrive in a dynamic, always-changing work environment and can easily juggle a diverse range of priorities to align with business needs
- You are highly adaptable and willing to contribute wherever you can add value. You are not wedded to a job description
- You are tech-savvy and have experience with multiple tech platforms, including Asana, Xero, Google Workspace, Slack, Dropbox, etc.
- You have experience leading, managing, and inspiring others
- You know that the secret code is 44 (even if you’re not sure why you need a secret code just yet)
- You have worked in a remote team for at least 12 months and thrive in this virtual environment.
- You are confident, approachable, and articulate, and you communicate your ideas and instructions clearly and effectively with all levels of the team
- You are emotionally intelligent, self-aware and up for the challenge of rapid personal growth as the role continues to evolve and grow
- You embody our values of Excellence, Collaboration, Authentic Leadership, Problem-Solving & Initiative, Accountability & Integrity, and Adaptability
Why Work with Us
- Be part of a leading, purpose-driven organization that is having a positive impact on raising global consciousness
- Work within an established, high-growth start-up with a vision for continued expansion
- Expect autonomy, ownership, and responsibility, paving the way for Business & People Operations at Biddy Tarot and creating solutions for problems you never have imagined existed
- Join a highly motivated team that is passionate about personal growth and development, and values self-awareness and authenticity
- Work from home and enjoy a flexible workplace that values work-life balance
- Access to all of our online Tarot programs and products
… And Why You Might NOT Want to Work with Us
- We’re fairly small (~30 people), so if you like more hierarchy and levels of management in a bigger company, this role isn’t for you.
- We don’t have it all figured out. As a bootstrapped, entrepreneurial-driven startup, there are many areas of the company where we’re still “building the ship as we sail.” So, if you require well-documented processes and playbooks to perform every aspect of your job, then this probably isn’t the place for you.
- We work hard. Everyone on the team is mission-driven and works incredibly hard to achieve our goals. While we DON’T believe in working weekends or pulling “all-nighters” as a normal course of business, if you want a normal 9-to-5 job, you probably won’t like it here.
- We change our minds, pivot fast, and embrace change when change is needed. We shift projects and priorities when presented with new data, so, again, if you need a ‘steady state’ company that “has it all figured out,” we’re not the place for you.
- We don’t micro-manage. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day. We need people who can manage their own calendar and who aren’t afraid to Google something if they don’t know how to do it. In other words, if you need to know EXACTLY what you will be doing every hour of the day, week over week, we’re probably not a good fit.