Pocket Worlds 3 weeks ago
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time
About Pocket Worlds
We harness the power of virtual worlds and the metaverse to connect people. We build deep, rich virtual worlds that are social by design and last for decades. Our first world, Highrise, is a creative 2D isometric world where people make avatars, express themselves, and create deep friendships along the way. Over 10 million people have already joined the world of Highrise, and it’s growing faster every day.
We’re a completely remote company with a diverse set of employees spanning 16 different countries. We are connected by a singular mission of building amazing games that bring our players together, and we live by our values, which you can read here.
Join our world-class team who’ve shipped amazing products for Apple, Google, Electronic Arts, Zeptolab, Nanobit, and other top companies.
About the Role
We’re growing our Live Operations/Community team with our first dedicated Community Manager. This is a very important role for us because community is at the heart of what drives Highrise’s success. As a social-first gaming company, we pride ourselves in our ability to build vibrant and authentic communities. We’re looking for someone who fights for players without working against the company’s goals, which can sometimes be difficult. You will be the bridge between players and the company. This role will require a great deal of compassion, organization and self-motivation. To succeed in this role, you should LOVE talking to people authentically, directly and compassionately.
As Community Manager you will…
- Be the first official Community Manager of Highrise, with all the responsibility and opportunity that entails
- Confidently advocate for players while supporting the company’s goals
- Engage with Highrise communities in multiple channels (in game, discord, social media) and provide feedback to the company
- Coordinate and work with cross-functional teams to ensure messaging accuracy and consistency
- Stay up to date with trends and issues within Highrise communities
- Potential for building and managing relationships with social influencers
To be successful in this role, we’d expect you to …
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be extremely organized as you will be juggling many different moving pieces at once
- Have experience with de-escalation and managing conflict
- Have minimum 2 years of relevant community management experience
- Have experience using social media channels
- Gaming industry experience is an asset, especially mobile games
- Bonus points if you have had meaningful experience in customer service or hospitality
- Bonus points if you’ve managed Discord communities or servers
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Deep dive into our current community management strategies and identify opportunities to improve
- Jump in and communicate with our community, make posts, write content, respond to reviews, set up office hours, create tickets for support and engineering teams
- Support players when they want to host events in-game by sponsoring content with in-app currency, increasing room capacity and visibility, and more
- Develop an understanding of all communities within the product
- Begin to build relationships and create a presence within the app and other channels
- Set up best practices for our multiple Discord servers
- Identify players who could volunteer to support you in our various communities
- Attend weekly product meetings to advocate for players and their feature wish lists
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Have identified and built strong relationships with top crews and their members
- Be actively managing multiple Discord servers and other communities
- Be actively engaging with players in-app
- Contribute to company KPIs & OKRs through an increase in community engagement and sentiment
- Identify new channels where we can continue to build our community presence (e.g. YouTube, Reddit, etc.)
- Identify any opportunities where we are resource or people constrained, requiring us to grow the team
- Home office stipend. Haven’t worked remotely before? We offer a generous stipend to help you set up a productive workspace.
- Competitive salaries and significant equity.
- Unlimited Vacation policy. Time off is important – we encourage you to take the time you need.
- Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self-improvement. We’ve set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.