MicroConf 1 week ago
Europe, North America, South America · Full Time
- 💸 $350 Referral Bonus
- 💡 5+ Years of Experience
- ✈️ Occasional In-Person Gatherings
- 🔑 Work directly with the Founder, Program Director, and Event Director
- 🗺 Based in the US (preferred), Canada, South America, or Western Europe
*Get Paid: If you recommend this job to the person that gets hired, we will give you a $350 referral bonus! How will we contact you about giving you your bonus? Tell your referral to list your name and/or email in the “How did you hear about this job?” question. Once they’re hired, we’ll make sure you get paid.
Now Hiring: Remote Community Manager for Thriving Startup Community
Our company operates two brands:
- MicroConf is the largest online and in-person community for founders of bootstrapped software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies.
- TinySeed is a startup accelerator that provides funding, mentorship, and guidance to bootstrapped SaaS founders.
We are looking for someone to join our small, fast-moving team as a Community Manager, responsible for advancing both brands through:
- Community cultivation, development & moderation
- Email, content, and social media marketing
- Customer and community support management
- Additional special projects
What’s Different About This Job?
We achieve surprising results with a small team of folks who have an impact on a large number of ambitious software entrepreneurs.
Under the direction of MicroConf’s Event Director and TinySeed’s Program Director, you will support, nurture and grow our two separate, but intertwined, communities of founders.
You will be responsible for various administrative duties, online Slack community moderation and engagement, email and blog communication with founders fielding mentorship requests, onboarding new founders, social media, and more.
- We use Slack as a community forum for both organizations
- Member Development
- Improve and manage onboarding and welcoming processes for new members
- Facilitate introductions and host new member orientation conversations on a regular schedule. (video-based, text-based, or audio-based)
- Understand the personality and thought leadership assets available within each community and nurture their participation to the benefit of all members
- Implement the MicroConf Connect Ambassador program by recruiting and cultivating members into leadership roles
- Connect TinySeed Founders with appropriate mentors and facilitate mentorship requests
- Review and update ongoing community rules, codes of conduct, and standards that reflect the MicroConf and TinySeed values and its members’ expectations.
- Provide constructive feedback to community members who are not abiding by established guidelines
- Based on the needs of the Event + Program Directors, you will be responsible for creating and implementing communications plans across a variety of modes.
- Management of the TinySeed + MicroConf email communications calendars
- Implement email marketing plans.
- Email copywriting
- Social Media
- Create and manage a social media content calendar
- Create or source video, audio, and graphic content for sharing
- Source content that might be relevant to our social media audiences
- Engage in conversations on social media, mostly Twitter, including amplifying posts of our community members
- Recommend social media marketing strategies for continued growth and exposure
- Work closely with the Program Director and Event Director to handle administrative tasks and special projects as needed
- Proactively make and implement recommendations on how to improve our community and better serve our founders
- Be available to our team as a second-tier line of help for unusual problems when needed
- Suggest and lead projects you think will enhance what MicroConf and TinySeed have to offer
- 5+ years of experience in high-speed environments with a focus on community, communications, or social media.
- A high level of familiarity with early-stage startups and founders. Bonus points if you are already a member of the MicroConf Community.
- Strong interest in working within the startup and venture capital space.
- Skill working with online tools such as GSuite, Zapier, and web-based CRMs.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and strong attention to detail – a must-have!
- We’re a small team, so you may be expected to take the lead on a project, learn a new skill, or do something you may not be familiar with, but are interested in trying out.
- Excellent written communication skills. Ability to adapt the voice of our brands.
- Based in the US(preferred), Canada, South America, or Western Europe and willing to have five hours of overlap with US Central Time.
Tools that are helpful for you to know
- Slack (Expert)
- GSuite (Expert)
- Notion (Proficient)
- CRM Software (Proficient)
- Graphics Editing Software (Not Required But Helpful)
- Video Editing Software (Not Required But Helpful)
- Audio Editing Software (Not Required But Helpful)
This is a full-time, remote position with occasional in-person gatherings.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, we’d love to have a conversation!