VUBO 1 week ago
Europe · Full Time
- 🏖️ PTO
- 📈 Mid-level Role
- 🕘 Flexible Hours
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 📚 Training and Development
- 📑 Manage Content Production
- 📅 Applications Close On June 25th
- 💰 $2000 USD Per Month + Bonuses
- 📍 Work from Home or Anywhere You Prefer
Now Hiring: Remote Content Manager
Since 2014, VUBO has helped businesses looking to scale by providing them quality sales-ready leads generated from our own websites. Over the last few years we have grown significantly and we are particularly proud of:
- Having large national and international businesses buy our leads year after year
- Generating 1000+ leads month after month in competitive niches with organic traffic
- Ranking our sites in the top 3 spots for competitive keywords
- Developing a content marketing process that attracts natural links from high-quality sites like CNBC, Google Cloud, Entrepreneur.com, Trello, Intuit, NerdWallet, WeWork, and SquareUp
We have ambitious plans to continue our growth through systemizing and scaling our content marketing processes, developing paid marketing capabilities, and completing some significant website re-designs.
About The Role
I am looking for a Content Manager who will manage the execution of the content strategy in order to increase organic traffic from target customers or attract topical links. This role will be interacting directly with the founder and the freelancers who are carrying out the work.
There’s plenty of opportunity for growth including taking on content planning, direction, and strategy as we grow.
Your main responsibilities as a Content Manager will include:
- Carry out keyword, competitor, and market research to create content briefs
- Create a content plan for each site that includes guides, reviews, lists, resources, etc that match the search intent of our target audience or will attract topical links
- Recruit and manage any additional freelance writers, researchers, or designers we need
- Finding subject matter experts to review or contribute to content (they could be found on Linkedin, Upwork, etc)
- Manage writers, researchers, and designers to ensure the content plan gets executed
- Determine which content needs refreshing or updating based on our KPIs and organize this to be done
- Provide clear content briefs for each writer with target completion dates
- Proofread, edit and improve content before publishing on WordPress (uploading can be outsourced if you prefer)
- Improve our content creation processes and SOPs to enable scalable growth (at present we have writer guides in Notion and Monday.com is used to manage all tasks and freelancers).
- Creating SOPs and templates to develop a content production workflow that allows us to scale up efficiently and maintain quality standards
- Take care of imagery, illustrations, charts, tables, etc
- Get content published on WordPress
If you’d been working with us then in the past few weeks you’d have worked on:
- Creating content briefs for guides and company/product reviews I’ve already planned for Merchant Savvy
- Updating existing guides and reviews on Merchant Savvy
- Managing the creation of a new Stats / Data article (link magnet) and updating an existing one
- Finding a writer for Merchant Savvy
- Start working on creating/improving SOPs
Currently, the team consists of freelancers and a copywriting agency. We’re working towards more full-time employees and you will be a key step in this process.
This is our team:
- Andrew does content strategy, some content briefs, content editing, web design, client management
- Content and some briefs are created by a handful of freelance writers and a copywriting agency
- Research is occasionally outsourced to freelancers for data viz articles
- Content uploading occasionally outsourced to a freelancer
- Link building/outreach done by 1 specialist freelancer
I am working to create a culture that is:
- Improvement Orientated: we want to exemplify a growth mindset and continuously develop ourselves and the business.
- Resourceful: have team members take ownership of issues and try to find solutions even if outside of their defined tasks
- Positive: assume the best of others and avoid non-constructive criticism. Work should be fun & enjoyable when possible.
- Fulfilling: we want people doing what they love doing and creating work they are proud of.
Tools we use:
- Google Workspace
The skills of the most suitable candidate:
- Experience managing the creation of content from planning through to publishing to meet specific objectives
- Copy and line editing (able to spot mistakes and rewrite sentences to meet style/quality standards)
- Good judgment/intelligence (you will be making lots of decisions about what information to include/exclude in content, identify the best sources of information, assimilate and simplify multiple data sources, etc)
- Project management
- Comfortable with numbers, data, and graphics to convey information simply and effectively
Brownie points for:
- WordPress / HTML / Page building tool like Elementor
- Online marketing
- SEO (Basic knowledge is fine as this can be taught)
Our perfect colleague is:
- Naturally resourceful
- Team player
- Organized and process orientated
What’s In It For You?
- Budget and time allocation for professional development
- Paid leave (once probation period is over)
- Bi-annual bonus based on performance
- Opportunity to take on more responsibility & increase the salary
- Flexible working hours on start and end times but I’d prefer an overlap of 4 hours with my working hours at least 4 days a week to aid communication (8.30 am – 4.30 pm Mon – Fri UK time).
- Remuneration package: 2000 USD per month
How To Apply?
This position will be closed as soon as we find the perfect match. So make sure to read the description carefully and take your time to submit a high-quality application that stands out.
If you apply we’ll respond promptly and keep you updated throughout the process.
As part of the hiring process there will be the following steps:
- Click Apply and fill in the application form
- Make sure to include a link to your CV
- We’ll then arrange an interview and discuss the next steps which may include a short l test which we’ll pay you for.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.