DockYard 1 week ago
Content Marketing Editor
North America · Full Time
- 🏖️ Generous PTO
- ✈️ Company Retreats
- 💡 4-10 Years of Experience
- 📈 401k with Employer Match
- 🗺 Anywhere in the United States
- 💰 Competitive Salary & Benefits
- 📅 Applications Close August 1st
Now Hiring: Remote Content Marketing Editor
DockYard is seeking a passionate creator to join our marketing team and lead our content development program as Content Marketing Editor.
Who We Are
DockYard is a digital product consultancy specializing in production-ready apps. DockYard offers a range of consulting services with capabilities in product planning, design, user experience (UX), full-stack engineering, and QA. Over the last decade, the company has solved complex product challenges for visionary brands like Netflix, Apple, Nasdaq, and Harvard.
We’re honored to have been included on guides ranging from Inc 5000 (2020, 2019) to Fast Company’s Best Places to Work for Innovators (2020) amongst others.
The Content Marketing Editor will report to the Director of Marketing. The ideal candidate will be a passionate creator who will be responsible for planning, executing, and improving DockYard’s content program.
The Marketing department works in close collaboration with our Business Development department and Client Services teams. We take our custom, tailored professional services and translate them into clear, compelling offerings for the right audience. Along the way, we need to deliver content and insights that establish trust and deliver value to our audience. We do this through content generated via our in-house experts, as well as through original reporting in the areas of business most relevant to our prospective clients.
The Content Marketing Editor will be joining a small team, initially. They will be expected to deliver high-quality content through adept management of contractors that DockYard currently partners with, as well as their own network of agencies and freelancers. At the same time, the Content Marketing Editor will support the Director of Marketing in sourcing and hiring a full-time content developer when the time is right.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a background in journalism and an interest in digital products to lead an unconventional program at the intersection of media and professional services.
People & Talent
- Discover new talent to grow DockYard’s content capabilities via contracting and new hires
- Adeptly manage the content development workload across a diverse team of multidisciplinary contractors and in-house content creators
- Provide feedback on the performance of content developers to the Director of Marketing, to whom they will report
- Provide clear, constructive feedback on content to nurture the growth of the content developers
- Mature DockYard’s style, tone, voice, and other dimensions of our brand to resonate with our target audiences
- Maintain quality and consistency across DockYard’s entire content program; manage the editorial calendar
- Analyze and report out on how we’re performing on pre-established editorial goals
- Recommend focus areas for the Marketing and Business Development departments based on company objectives, your comprehensive understanding of our audience’s needs, and current events in the world of digital product development
- Plan strategic content development in concert with the Director of Marketing; manage the content calendar
- Directly generate content while also providing editorial support for other content developers
- Collaborate with marketing operations to analyze the performance of generated content based on established targets
- Recommend new tactics, tools, and processes for optimizing our content program
- You succeed in environments with clearly defined goals and a high level of autonomy
- You have extensive experience in content strategy and content development
- You have a foundational understanding of audio and video production and editing
- You have prior experience managing a team of multidisciplinary content creators (i.e., writers, audio producers, video producers) in a remote environment
- You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves and creating the content itself when necessary
- You have an existing network of artists, copywriters, journalists, photographers, and videographers to leverage
- You are passionate about business, technology, and digital products; you may be a regular consumer of content from a16z, A-List Apart, HackerNews, The Information, Intercom, the Verge, Wired
Perks & Benefits
- We are a distributed company.
- Company provided Apple laptop
- 100% company paid Medical plan option for you and your family
- 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D
- 401k with employer match
- Annual stipend for books, conferences, and trainings
- Generous paid time off
- Company Retreats
Mid to Senior Level (Manager)
Remote (U.S. based only)
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.