Content Snare 2 weeks ago
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time, Part Time
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🏖️ 3 Weeks Vacation
- 🕘 Autonomy & Flexibility
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- ⏲ Part-time or Full-time Options
- 📅 Applications Close October 30th
- 💡 2+ Years of Experience (but not required)
Wanted: Remote Content Producer/Writer – Accounting Industry, Casual Style, 20-40 hrs/wk
Content Snare is seeking a full or part-time experienced content writer for a diverse range of content. We’re looking for a minimum of 20 hours per week.
You won’t just churn out content. Instead, you’ll develop an understanding of different topics and create truly helpful content for our new audience, accounting and bookkeeping firms.
If you’re the kind of person who loves writing useful content, conducting research, and simplifying complex topics, you should apply.
Familiarity with the accounting industry is important for this role. It isn’t a requirement though. If you have a keen interest in research and learning about the industry you should be OK. Just let us know how you’d tackle this in your application.
You’ll join a small team and have direct communication with founders, developers, and support roles. We try not to take things too seriously and hope that it creates a casual, fun work environment.
You’ll be writing about the below topics so, if you’re passionate about them, you’d be a great fit. You don’t even need to be an expert in these, as long as you’re willing to learn:
- Accounting workflow & process
- Productivity & automation
- Client relationships and communication
You will also be involved in creating process checklists and templates.
Your content will be promoted through email lists, paid ads, and social channels.
What you’ll do
- Use a casual writing style – For most pieces, the writing style is generally casual and sometimes fun. Humor is good. Memes are fair game. Only product pages and some guest posts will require more formal language.
- Write blog posts – Topics vary greatly but focus on accountants and bookkeepers. Types of posts include how-to, research-based software reviews, lists (e.g. inspirational people in accounting) and more. Please note that this is a new audience for us. Our previous content is aimed at marketing agencies, and if you want to write for them, that’s cool too.
- Engage with partners and customers – These are often a great source of quotes and content. You may even interview people to create content.
- Optimize for SEO – All posts should take SEO into consideration and we’re happy to train you on this if you haven’t done it before. We use Surfer SEO.
- Write quality guest posts – High-quality guest posts on our partners’ sites. These are important relationships and we’ll need quality – not just churn and burn guest posts.
- Turn podcasts into posts – You’ll turn some of our most popular podcast episodes into informative posts. We already have audio and transcripts for you to work from.
- Write product pages – Write website pages about our product.
- Update and improve existing pages
- Suggest content ideas – If you have ideas for content, we want to hear them. You’ll have access to our customers, network and team as a source of quotes or content.
Who you are
- Experienced – You’ve worked in writing before. Ideally, that’s for 2+ years and B2B content. However, this isn’t necessary. We believe that if you care for readers, love research and are enthusiastic about what we do, you’ll be fine.
- Understanding – You are empathetic and can put yourself in other people’s shoes to write in a way that they can understand.
- Self-motivated – You show up every day with a great attitude and can work independently & remotely.
- Organized – You’re able to manage your time, keep on top of your productivity and enjoy the satisfaction of completing all of your tasks.
- Problem solver – It’s not always obvious how each topic should be approached. You’ll work out what you need to do and follow through with a well-thought-out solution.
- Communicator – You’re great at both written and verbal communication – in your writing and with our team.
For bonus points
- You’ve worked in an accounting or bookkeeping firm
- You’ve worked with clients in any professional service company
- You love productivity, automation & tech
Any of these will help you understand our audience.
What’s in it for you?
- 100% remote
- A small, fun team
- Autonomy & flexibility
- 3 weeks vacation
About Content Snare
Collecting information from clients is one of the biggest bottlenecks in many service businesses. Content Snare helps businesses collect the information they need from clients faster so that they can become more profitable.
We’re a small team of smart, motivated, fun-loving professionals working across 5 countries. We communicate via Slack and Zoom and work from home or co-working spaces. We can’t wait to have you.
What is the hiring process after the application?
– Shortlisted candidates will be invited to perform a paid blog post, provided a topic and our writing style guide.
What are some perks and benefits of the job?
– Flexible hours and location. You’ll have the freedom to research and take your time creating great content. You won’t be forced to create X pieces of content each month. Quality is way more important. Also, we like to think we’re a good company to work for. Our current team says nice things, but they could be blowing smoke up our butts.
Are there set hours I need to be working during the day?
– Nope. We’re flexible but we have an occasional team call and can work out a time that fits for you as well.