Content Allies 2 weeks ago
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Contract, Gigs/Projects
- 🕘 Flexible Hours
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🚀 High Growth Potential
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 💡 Entry, Mid or Senior Level
- 📅 Applications Close on May 29th
Now Hiring: Remote Content Writer
So what is the content writer role?
This role is very simple.
You will work underneath our lead content strategist.
You will take 45-60 minute interviews with our customers and turn their expertise into articles.
You will have support for the graphic design of graphics.
We have systems, templates, and processes that you will follow.
The tasks you will do on a regular basis include:
- Taking a 45-60 minute call and turning that into an organized, professional article.
- Turning those articles into social content for our customers.
- Handling complex B2B content for management consultants.
- Consistently learning, growing, and improving your skills to become a master of social content and copywriting
NOTE: Our customers will all be in B2B. So these will be businesses typically selling to other businesses. Most of our clients are management consultants with deep vertical expertise. We pull their expertise out in interviews but these will often be challenging to write as you will have to listen to calls multiple times to comprehend industry-specific lingo. This is not B2C marketing where we focused on consumers.
Growth Potential: While this initial role is for a content writer, there is an opportunity to be promoted to a lead content strategist in the future.
The ideal candidate:
- Has existing copywriting skills working in B2B or consulting model companies.
- Has a portfolio of writing work.
- Is fun and easy to get along with.
- Fast learner and a lifelong learner.
The actions we take create more freedom, not less for team members, clients & owners.
- Life > Work
- Lifelong learning
- Positive thinking
- Mutually Beneficial Transactions
- Details matter
What’s the Pay For This Job?
- Short Article less than 1,200 words: $135 flat rate per article
- Standard Article of 1,200-3000 words: $250 flat rate per article
- Long-Form Articles over 3,000 words: Base $250 plus $135 per additional 1,200-3,000 words over 3,000
- Rejected article: $50 stipend – This rate applies to articles that are rejected by the client and need to be rewritten by a new writer
Podcast notes and video summaries
- $40 per episode show notes for under 200 words
- $65 per episode for show notes of ~$500
- $135 for a 1,200-word article based on podcast
- $15 for video summary less than 200 words (and video less than 10 minutes)
- $40 for a video summary of ~500 words
- $135 for a 1,200-word article to accompany video
Social media posts
- $8.50 per LinkedIn post
- $2 per tweet
There is also a one-time payment to you for onboarding and learning a new customer – $80
How to apply:
NOTE: This is quite an intense application process. This is by design as it weeds out all of the applicants who are not serious and just want to blast their resumes to us.
While this application will take your time, you can be guaranteed that if you apply and follow instructions, your application will be viewed and considered.
- Create a Google Doc for your application. Keep it well organized and easy to digest
- Include the following
- URL of your Linkedin profile
- Write me a cover letter that tells me why I should hire you for this position over anyone else.
- Record an application video or audio message
- Use your webcam or cell phone to record an application video or audio message.
- This video or audio message should be a maximum of 60 seconds long (Not a second longer).
- As the first word of your video or audio message says “Moist” and as the last word of your message say “Toodaloo”
- In the content of the video or audio, persuade me on why you are a good fit for this role.
- Upload this video or audio to Dropbox. If you do not have an account create a free one and upload the file there. Add the dropbox link as the very final item of your Google Doc after your cover letter and questions.
- Complete a short work test and put these answers on your Google Do
- Read this article: The Lead Cookie Sales Playbook: Sales Call Scripts
- Now write 3 social media posts that we could share on my personal Linkedin profile to promote this article.
- The objective of the 3 social media posts is to drive someone to take the action of clicking on the article and reading it.
- Please provide samples of your writing
- Please share links to past articles written, online blogs, or any other writing samples you can share. At least 3-5 pieces would be preferred.
- Please provide a link to a 30 second or shorter Youtube video that makes you laugh
- This video made us crack up
- Send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line should read “LC Content Writer: YOUR NAME”
- The body of the email should include a link to the Google Doc and nothing else.