Baloo Living 1 month ago
Customer Service Representative
North America, South America · Full Time
- 💡 1-2 Years of Experience
- 🗺 Anywhere in the Americas
- 📅 Applications Close April 10th
Now Hiring: Remote Customer Service Representative
Baloo Living is a mission-driven brand focused on helping people connect mind and body through the healing power of rest, relaxation, and sleep. We offer thoughtfully designed and curated products with an emphasis on respect for the planet, our communities, and all people and strive to serve through delivering quality and service beyond the ordinary.
We are seeking an energetic, empathetic, detail-oriented, and mission-aligned team member to join our team in the role of Customer Service Representative. This is a remote position as an independent contractor in the US Standard time zones up to 40 hours per week. The rest of our team is based in the US, in New Jersey, North Carolina, California, and Texas.
About Baloo Living
Baloo is a rapidly growing brand that offers products to support sleep and rest. We believe that self-care can be transformational, and quiet and rest are important ingredients for a healthy life. We offer products aligned with these values, created and distributed in such a way as to reduce our impact on the planet while elevating the conversations among our communities. We are carbon neutral and moving to eliminate plastic from our supply chain. We partner with the grassroots nonprofit Pajama Program, the “ocean-positive” project Sea-Trees.org, and numerous other causes through our brand, for example giving back to front-line health care workers and members of the Black community in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.
The Customer Service Representative works closely with the Customer Service Manager, with the goal of creating an exceptional experience for our customers. Tasks include:
- Customer communication: answering phone calls, chat, and email through our helpdesk tool Gorgias;
- Work within Shopify to edit orders as needed;
- Troubleshoot shipping issues, communicate with the warehouse, and answer customer questions about their orders;
- Be a product expert and offer recommendations to customers;
- Stay up to date on inventory availability, planned sales and discounts, etc. (communicated through Slack and Google Sheets reports);
- Be familiar with company policies, as established in our FAQs, training, and our knowledge base Guru; and assist customers within those guidelines.
- Work with other members of the team, including the Marketing Manager and the Director of Operations, on specific projects as needed.
- Warm, engaged, and interested in helping others;
- A good listener;
- Curious, a problem solver;
- Extremely well-organized, able to prioritize and to set and follow daily goals, and accountable;
- Nimble and a fast learner; willing to ask questions and not always know the answer;
- A good communicator who works well with a team.
- A detail-oriented and meticulous work ethic;
- One to two years of customer service or relevant experience;
- A roll-up-your-sleeves, get-it-done personality with a friendly, outgoing attitude;
- Excellent writing and grammar skills, ability to tailor key messages to a diverse community;
- A home office environment with fast internet, conducive to working well from home.
Please complete the survey at the “Apply Now” button below to tell us more about yourself!