Municibid 2 months ago
Customer Success and Social Media Associate
North America · Full Time
- 💡 Entry-Mid Level
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🕘 Flexible Work Hours
- 🏥 PPO Healthcare coverage
- 💰 $35,000 – $45,000 per year
- 🗺 Anywhere in North America
- 💻 Technology reimbursement
- 📅 Applications close on March 16th
Now Hiring: Remote Customer Success and Social Media Associate
Are you looking to help solve a real-world problem? Do you have an interest in improving government, schools, and small businesses in a meaningful way?
Founded in 2006, Municibid, an Inc. 5000 company, is a steadily growing company that’s leading the way in helping government agencies and schools across the United States monetize their surplus assets using our online auction marketplace.
Municibid is focused on delivering outstanding results and an exceptional customer experience. We are a technology-oriented organization that operates in an entrepreneurial and fun environment.
This position plays a significant role in the management, growth, and success of our customers. This role is a combination of customer success and social media management responsibilities. This role requires talking with prospects and customers through all channels (online chat, phone, email, social), building relationships, and problem-solving on the fly.
We believe customer success should be personalized, efficient, and friendly. We believe social media should be fun and are looking for you to bring creativity and an entertainment factor to our channels. Whether it’s answering a bidder’s questions or posting in a Facebook group, most of all, we’re looking for you to be a community builder and leader.
This is a fully remote opportunity. The ideal candidate will reside in US central or mountain time zones in order to efficiently manage Municibid Customers across multiple US time zones.
The responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to) the following
- Work closely with our Director of Customer Success in supporting and on-boarding non-government bidders, while also working closely with our Digital Marketing Manager on managing our social channels, creating social content, and engaging with followers.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries.
- Communicating with customers through various channels.
- Acknowledging and resolving customer inquiries.
- Having a comprehensive understanding of Municibid’s marketplace and the service we offer to confidently respond to inquiries.
- Assisting and resolving various customer needs throughout the listing, bidding, and auction process.
- Using proprietary and third-party technology platforms to keep track of customer interactions, transactions, comments and concerns.
- Communicating and coordinating with your team members as necessary.
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process, as well as direct feedback from customers, to Municibid’s marketing and sales team to help improve our customer outreach programs.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
Social media and marketing responsibilities
- Manage our social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube.
- Develop, maintain, and execute a social media calendar.
- Design creative assets for social media in Canva and Animoto – or other apps.
- Creating Facebook and Instagram stories.
- Keep a pulse on trending auction items and topics and share them on our social media channels.
- Pay attention to relevant ideas and trending topics for blog post ideas.
- Share relevant tags, mentions, and news articles mentioning us.
- Comment on posts from local and industry-relevant businesses (primarily Instagram).
- Respond to comments on our posts and messages.
- Manage incoming inquiries from our Facebook Shop.
- Share our auction items in Facebook Groups.
- Post and manage listings on industry partner websites/directories.
- Report on social media performance.
- Identify new opportunities for brand awareness and community engagement in Facebook Groups and social channels.
Who you are
- An energized, self-starter.
- A people person.
- You have the ability to work remotely with autonomy and accountability.
- You manage time and tasks efficiently.
- You are someone who takes initiative and perseveres.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills. You are equally comfortable communicating with customers online and over the phone regularly.
- You have a strong attention to detail.
- You have a team-minded mindset but can also work independently.
- You are able to work with a wide variety of people at different professional levels.
- You have a strong commitment to Municibid’s core values.
- Entrepreneurial: We’re a group of go-getters. We love brainstorming and tackling the next biggest thing.
- Team-focused: While we enjoy autonomy, we’re a tight-knit community. When the going gets tough, we’re all hands on deck.
- Growth mindset: We’re not afraid to try new things. We learn from our mistakes and aim to work smarter, not harder.
- This is a remote working opportunity. The ideal candidate will reside in US central or mountain time zones in order to efficiently manage
- Municibid Customers across multiple US time zones.
- Municibid is headquartered in Pottstown, PA with a second office in Santa Monica, CA. Travel to corporate and satellite offices (post-pandemic) may be required for strategic meetings.
Municibid provides a highly competitive and negotiable compensation plan which includes the following:
- An expected annual salary between $35,000 – $45,000 (based on experience) with the opportunity for bonuses based on personal and team-based performance.
- Full, PPO healthcare coverage which includes medical and vision.
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy.
- Technology reimbursement: Macbook laptop and iPhone (or reimbursement of existing plan).
- High-speed internet reimbursement for full-time remote/work from home team members.
Background and Education
- 2+ years of customer service experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of social media management and social content development is preferred.
- High school diploma required. College degree preferred and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Intercom, Iconosquare, Canva, and Google Analytics is preferred.