Quire 5 days ago
North America · Full Time
- 🧨 Staff Pick
- 📈 401K Plan
- 🇺🇸 US Citizen
- 🏖️ Paid Vacation
- 🗺 Anywhere in the U.S.
- 💡 3+ Years of Experience
- 👪 Insurance and Benefits
- 💰 $75000- $90000 Per Year
- 💼 Professional Development
- 📅 Applications Close November 4th
Now Hiring: Remote Data Engineer
You will use various methods, such as our Data Warehouse, to transform raw data into useful data systems, and you will maintain the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using MySQL, Pentaho, and AWS technologies. Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
To succeed, you should have strong analytical skills and the ability to research and learn new technologies. You should be comfortable working in a cloud-based environment and have advanced knowledge of SQL. Some experience with Pentaho Data Integration (kettle/spoon) and Ruby on Rails is preferred.
- Design, configure, and code the data warehousing system to desired Quire specifications
- Work with the configurations of Pentaho and ETL (Extraction, Transformation, and Loading) systems
- Analyze existing SQL queries and ETL processes for performance improvements
- Manage and design the reporting environment (AWS Quicksight), including data sources, security, and metadata
- Create AWS Quicksight dashboards, handle metric requests
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Operations, and Development teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Apply data cleansing techniques and perform data normalization without compromising performance
- Maintain historical records by documenting product development and versioning
- Manage documentation on verified data sources, source, and target attribute mappings and workflow processes
- Perform tests and validate all data flows and prepare all ETL processes according to business requirements
- Train internal users on new reports and dashboards
- Provide technical support assistance to internal teams and share knowledge with teammates through company-wide presentations
- Adhere to development methodologies, standards, naming conventions, and best practices
- Specific Technologies: MySQL, Pentaho, Ruby on Rails, AWS (EC2, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, Elasticache)
- All applicants must live and be eligible to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Strong analytic skills related to working with both structured and unstructured datasets
- Experience with data pipeline and ETL tools (Pentaho preferred)
- Experience with AWS cloud services (EC2, Elasticache, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway)
- Hands on day-to-day ETL and SQL programming experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Question: What are some perks and benefits of the job?
- Employer Sponsored 401k
- Performance Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Time
- Professional Development and Training
- Opportunity For Growth
Question: Is this a contractor (1099) or employee (W2) position?
Answer: This position is strictly W-2
Question: Are there set hours I need to be working during the day?
Answer: Quire’s operating hours at 9am – 6pm EST, but consideration for employees’ time zones are given.