Momentum Brands 7 months ago
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time
- ? Staff Pick ?
- ? Work for a DCer ?
- ? Competitive Salary ?
- ? High Growth Potential ?
- ? Anywhere in the World ?
Now Hiring: Remote Data Manager
Are you a bit of a geek when it comes to finding patterns in data that nobody else has found?
Do you have a thirst for knowledge and are always striving to improve your skills?
Do you get a buzz out of solving complex problems?
Do you love creating advanced spreadsheets to see data in new ways?
Do you take pride in your work and fix things even when nobody else would notice?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to all of the above then please keep reading…
We’re looking for a Data Manager who will be responsible for analyzing all of the data from all parts of our business.
You’ll be responsible for extracting data from various sources, putting it together, and making recommendations based on your insights.
This is a fully remote position and you can work from anywhere in the world. You can make your own schedule but you will have to be available between 3 pm and 5 pm AET (Melbourne, Australia time zone) for team calls.
We have multiple brands and currently, all sales are in the USA.
We are a small team and are based in Australia, China, and the Philippines.
We are a close-knit team and have team video calls every Thursday, where the focus is on getting to know each other better, and everybody has a one on one call with me (the founder) every Monday.
I started this company four years ago but only started growing the team in the last 12 months. We are going to scale up aggressively (in team size and number of products) and to make this happen we need somebody who can do a deep dive on all the data to make decisions and maximize long term profitability.
About the Role
A number of people on the team were managing the data relevant to their department but nobody was an expert in making the most of all the information we had and making actionable insights from it.
That’s why we need you.
You’ll be the start of a new ‘Data Department’. In the future, I’d like to see you identify roles and make hires, for your department but initially, you’ll be it.
You’ll be responsible for both the daily gathering of all of the data you need as well as tasks such as:
- Use various data sources to identify the best search terms for our products.
- Proactively monitor, and improve, rankings for those search terms.
- Test pricing to see which is most profitable.
- Decide how tens of thousands of dollars are spent on advertising every month.
- Project future sales and manage hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory orders.
Ultimately your performance will be measured by the profitability of the business.
As Amazon is always evolving it’s vital to stay on top of all of the changes. You’ll be provided with all of the latest training, and strategies, and will be responsible for keeping your knowledge updated.
You will be working with all of the team but mostly with me. I’m also a data geek but I don’t have the bandwidth to spend as much time on it as it needs, hence why we need you to join us.
Initially I’ll always be available to help you wherever I can but eventually, we’ll set high-level objectives together and you’ll be responsible for figuring out the best way to get them done. This is not a role where you’ll be spoon-fed. You’ll be expected to ‘own’ your department and always be improving.
The team uses a combination of ClickUp, Slack and Google Apps.
We’d like the ideal candidate to start at the beginning of 2020.
Day to Day
- Most days you’ll be pulling data and analyzing spreadsheets making sense of all of the information.
- You’ll always be updating your systems and processes so they are as good as they can be.
- You’ll always be running experiments so you will be monitoring them to see what works, and what doesn’t.
- You’ll have access to all of the best software for extracting the Amazon data.
Your first project will be building out a system to handle all of the PPC. We have a methodology that we believe in but we need to go deeper and be constantly improving this.
You’ll be responsible for developing this system and be tenacious in making it the best it can be.
Another project is inventory management. You’ll be responsible for tracking inventory to ensure that new orders are placed on time so we always have stock available for sale.
We have access to data that 99% of other Amazon sellers don’t so you’ll be using that to give us a competitive advantage in all areas.
Who You Are
- Hard-working and organized.
- You must be extremely detail-oriented and analytical.
- You must have advanced working knowledge of spreadsheets and be able to use them to get insights from data.
- You must be intelligent and love solving problems.
- You will not be micromanaged so you will have to think outside of the box and take pride in your systems.
- You must have a thirst for knowledge and always be learning.
- You must have the ability to use common sense when applicable and not blindly make decisions on data alone.
- Great attention to detail. To prove you’ve read this properly include the name of your favorite book in the fifth question on the application form.
- You must be able to communicate fluently in English.
Nice Skills to Have
- Experience in managing PPC campaigns.
- Knowledge of selling on Amazon.
- Experience in working remotely.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary based on your experience.
- Potential to grow your own team.
- Access to all of the latest learnings and tools.
- Flexibility to create your own schedule (as long as you’re available between 3pm and 5pm AET)
- Twelve paid vacation days per year as well as paid holidays for Easter, Christmas and New Year.
- Be part of a great team that all have aspirations to make big things happen.
- Complete the Google Form here.
- We’ll review the submissions and send an aptitude test for you to complete. This will take approximately one hour.
- We’ll schedule video calls with the top 3 candidates.
Want to be notified about jobs like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.