Domain Magnate 2 months ago
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 💰Base Salary + Bonuses
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 💡 4+ Years of Experience
- 🗣 Native English Speaker
- 📅 Applications Close August 29th
Now Hiring: Remote Deals Manager
The Deals Manager occupies a key role in converting our marketing, community building and outreach activities into a lead funnel and then into a deal pipeline, and into quality internet businesses we purchase. They efficiently transition those businesses from the seller to Domain Magnate management. The due diligence process they own will clearly document the manage/grow strategies intended for that site, and these will be efficiently translated into Manage/Grow team for project implementation.
Drive deal flow. Find and develop a pipeline of web businesses through lead generation, pursuit, qualification, contact, filtering, due diligence, negotiation , closure and transition.
Opportunity to join a rapidly growing PE firm, and get exposure to 6 and 7 figure deals, high networth investors, internet managed funds and processes.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with Marketing to support outreach activity that grows trust and confidence in Domain Magnate and which generates warm leads
- Cultivates a stream of warm leads into the Deals Process
- Own and manage the Deal Process for efficiency and effectiveness
- Take warm leads through the process to deliver closed deals
- They will own all aspects of the transaction process, escrow, documentation, payments and contracts.
- They nurture and manage investors where our role is to purchase on an investors behalf, preparing submissions and presentations, responding to queries, and managing the communications
- Maintain clear process and deal documentation, compliance and quality (as measured by “no surprises”)
- Deal flow matches our target internet business mix types, volume and value
- Ensures the purchase rationale is documented and translated into implementation, a manage and grow strategy, and ensures this strategy is clearly translated to the Manage/Grow team for optimal Project Management.
- Support the Manage/Grow team through “guiding” new deals through transition and providing after sales support where needed
- Maximise referral business by expertly nurturing and managing quality relationships with Sellers and Investors
- Contribute to the Domain Magnate knowledge base, support team training and development of quality due diligence practices, and share with our communities through content generation, in conjunction with the Marketing Plan
The Role Holder Success Profile
The role holder will bring deep experience in sourcing and qualifying internet business deals, building funnels and pipelines, and converting filtered opportunities into mutually beneficial closed deals. They will understand the particular nature of internet business purchase and sale, the seller motivations, the market multiples, and have deep experience in due diligence of internet businesses. They will understand the risks and how to identify the underlying opportunities. They will also conduct their activities with the utmost integrity, be detail focussed, and numerate.
Role Performance Measurement
The role holders performance with be managed across 5 dimensions:
- The effectiveness of the collaborative interaction with Marketing to foster community growth and the development of a warm leads funnel into the Deal Process.
- The effectiveness of the Deals Process in delivering closed deals of the desired quality and quantity, as developed in the annual business plan
- The effectiveness of the collaborative interaction with the Manage/Grow team in the transition of closed deals into Project Management
- Quality Deals will be measured through the purchased businesses delivering outcomes as modelled during the due diligence phase.
- The quality of investor and business seller relationships built over time and as evidenced by actual referrals and the absence of customer negative feedback.
Our intention is to remunerate the role with a combination of base salary plus performance bonus. The bonus payments would have a deferred period, and be payable for achievement of quality and quantity targets as set annually via Domain Magnate business planning. The structure would allow the incumbent to outperform and be recognised for that effort. In our view a performance bonus structured correctly better aligns with our target behaviours (teamwork, expertise sharing and collaboration) vs a commission structure.