Black & White Zebra 2 weeks ago
Asia, Europe, South America · Full Time
- 💡 Entry-Mid Level
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🕘 Flexible Schedule
- 📅 Applications close on Mar 23rd
- 🗺 Africa, Asia, Europe, South America
Now Hiring: Remote Kick-Ass Digital Designer
We’re an indie media company that excels at creating exceptional content and training for niche digital communities.
We are a small team of 8 based in Canada with a remote team in the Philippines. We got our start in 2011 as The Digital Project Manager blog, founded by our CEO Ben Aston. Since then we’ve grown our team and our website portfolio to 8 niche online communities. We’re ditching the textbook and writing the playbook on how we plan, produce, and publish digital media. We’re serious about being truthful, authentic, and having a good time!
We make serious digital stuff fun, empowering enjoyable learning that develops best practice through articles, community, training, and events.
You will be responsible for
- Creating landing page designs in WordPress for multiple sites.
- Updating and improving current landing pages in order to increase conversions.
- Creating social media images for multiple accounts and platforms.
- Designing digital advertisements (social ads, digital banners).
- Creating imagery for digital marketing collateral.
- Designing digital brochures and ebooks.
- Designing presentations in Google Slides.
- Creating design guidelines and visual assets for videos.
- Creating logos and brand guidelines.
- Designing email marketing templates.
- Creating featured images and thumbnails.
- Creating designs for print materials (swag, banners, brochures, etc.)
You’re a great fit if you…
- Are passionate about design. You have great attention to detail, a sense of layout, proportions, typography, and a keen eye for color.
- Love the digital world. You like digging and learning about UX, UI, animation, video production, and also digital marketing.
- Think like a digital marketer. You are on top of visual trends and love creating beautiful things but also know how to create materials designed for conversion.
- Own your work. You are proactive and eager to make projects happen. You don’t wait for things to fall on your lap. You care about the quality of your work but are also committed to deadlines.
- Are open-minded. You are willing to try new things and comfortable taking advice and criticism. You are versatile and are able to adapt styles to match different brands. You like bringing new ideas to the table but also follow guidelines and processes previously established.
- World class design portfolio
- Experience designing websites/web pages for responsive environments.
- Great understanding of color, composition, and typography.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Experience with WordPress. (configuration of standard plugins, basic debugging, familiarity with the basic configuration of more advanced plugins).
- Exceptional oral and written English communication skills.
- Self-motivated, self-driven, and self-starter.
- A high degree of proficiency in Adobe creative suite
- Fluent in English.
- Animation and motion graphics skills
- Video editing experience
- Illustration skills
- Web Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Graphic Design / Digital degree
- You’ll be working in tandem with a multi-disciplinary, friendly team experienced in content production, digital marketing, community building, and SEO
- You have the chance to work on interesting projects and have a byline on a trustworthy, reputable blog
- You’ll have flexibility in when/where/how you work.
How To Apply
Please click on the button below and use the form to submit:
- Your LinkedIn URL
- Your portfolio link
- Your resume
- A response (less than ~300 words) to this question: “Why do you think you’re the best fit for this position?”
Come Work With Us!