JM Content Group 1 month ago
Digital Marketing/PR Coordinator
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Part Time
- 🧨 Staff Pick
- 💡 Entry-Level
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🔑 Report to Founder
- 🚀 High Growth Potential
- 📅 Applications close on Aug 6th
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World (US-based candidates preferred)
Now Hiring: Remote Digital Marketing/PR Coordinator
Hi, I’m Jessica Malnik – the founder of JM Content Group. I work with SaaS and productized service businesses to help them generate more revenue through copywriting and content strategy.
This isn’t an ordinary, client-facing role.
I’m looking for an up-and-coming PR and digital marketing coordinator to work on several internal-facing projects. In addition to the client work I do, I also have a couple of content sites that I run and manage and use to dogfood new ideas and services before implementing them on clients’ sites. That’s where you come in.
You will specifically be in charge of growing one of those sites. Your north star will be growing our email list. You’ll work closely with me, the founder, as well as a talented writer & social media manager, and be given the tools and support you need to make an impact from the get-go. For the right candidate, this position offers a ton of growth opportunities.
To succeed in this role, you must have a growth mindset, be reliable (i.e You do what you say you are going to do), and be results-oriented.
What you will be doing
- Monitor HARO and send pitches to reporters and bloggers.
- Send emails to influencers and bloggers to generate interest for new posts as well as guest post opportunities.
- Engage in active listening and occasionally participate in discussions in social media groups.
- Distribute new and existing posts using our distribution checklist SOP.
- Editing copy – blog posts, social media updates, landing pages, etc.
- Add, format, copy edit, and schedule content in WordPress using our formatting checklist.
- Identify new distribution channels and influencers to expand our audience and grow our email list.
- Create and send a weekly marketing report to the founder.
- Create and send the founder a weekly round-up of the top articles with short summaries (bullet form) each week.
- Filter, triage, and reply to emails in our admin inbox. Reply to all messages within 24 hours.
- Act as the main point of contact for hiring, posting and managing project-based freelancers on marketplaces like Upwork and
- Leadbites. For example, if we want to build a custom banner, you’ll be in charge of writing the project brief, vetting the candidates, communicating the project details, and making sure tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- You are reliable; You do what you say you are going to do. You never miss deadlines.
- You’re coachable – You actively solicit feedback.
- You are self-motivated – You are naturally driven and able to work independently. If a problem arises, you take responsibility for it instead of making excuses or placing blame.
- You have some familiarity with SEO, content marketing, and PR. You don’t need to be an expert. However, if you don’t know what SEO,
- Facebook ads or WordPress are, this might not be the right role for you.
- You have AT LEAST 6 months of remote work experience. This could be from a full-time job or freelancing.
- You are curious – You are always tinkering with something. The idea of being given free reign to come up with ideas and then be able to run experiments on the fly excites you.
Nice to haves
- (Bonus) You have at least 1 year of experience working in either an SEO or PR role.
- Familiar with Google Analytics
- Prior experience using project management software (We use Trello!)
- Flexibility – I don’t care when or where you work as long as you get your work done and are available for two 30 minute calls each week sometime during US business hours.
- Autonomy in your role (after 60-day probation period)
- This role is flexible and you’ll have the ability to design your path as you see fit.
- Work directly with the founder
- 60 day probation period; After that, this will move to a long-term independent contractor position.
- Roughly ~15 hours per week to start.
Want to be notified about jobs like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.