DockYard 2 weeks ago
Europe, North America · Full Time
- Medical Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Company Retreats
- 401k with Employer Match
- Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D
- Company Provided Apple Laptop
- Applications Close November 5th
- Anywhere in the U.S., Mexico, or Netherlands
- Annual Stipend for Books, Conferences, and Trainings
Now Hiring: Remote Elixir Developer
Who We Are
DockYard is a digital product consultancy specializing in production-ready apps. DockYard offers a range of consulting services with capabilities in product planning, design, user experience (UX), full-stack engineering, and QA. Over the last decade, the company has solved complex product challenges for visionary brands like Netflix, Apple, Nasdaq, and Harvard.
We’re honored to have been included on guides ranging from Inc 5000 (2020, 2019) to Fast Company’s Best Places to Work for Innovators (2020) amongst others.
DockYard is hiring an Elixir Developer to work independently or with other engineers to develop user experience-focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems.
- Work independently or with other engineers to develop user experience-focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems
- Collaborate with designers, frontend developers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing
- 3-5 years of overall software development experience
- At least 2 years of production experience with Elixir & Phoenix
- Solid understanding of OTP
- Experience developing backend services and JSON APIs to power single-page web applications
- Experience designing APIs
- Experience working with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience working with a cross-functional team in an Agile environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Nice To Haves
- Experience building web apps with Phoenix LiveView
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
Perks & Benefits
- We are a distributed company.
- Company provided Apple laptop
- 100% company paid Medical plan option for you and your family
- 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D
- 401k with employer match
- Annual stipend for books, conferences, and trainings
- Generous paid time off
- Company Retreats
Mid to Senior Level
Remote (U.S., Mexico, or Netherlands)
Even if you don’t feel you’re a 100% fit we’d still love to hear from you!
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.