DockYard 1 week ago
Elixir Developer (Contract)
North America · Contract, Gigs/Projects
- ⏲ Project-Based
- 💰 Competitive Salary
- 💡 +5 Years of Experience
- 📅 Applications Close July 9th
- 🗺 Anywhere in the United States
Now Hiring: Remote Elixir Developer (Contract)
Who We Are
DockYard is a digital product consultancy specializing in production-ready apps. DockYard offers a range of consulting services with capabilities in product planning, design, user experience (UX), full-stack engineering, and QA. Over the last decade, the company has solved complex product challenges for visionary brands like Netflix, Apple, Nasdaq, and Harvard.
We’re honored to have been included on guides ranging from Inc 5000 (2020, 2019) to Fast Company’s Best Places to Work for Innovators (2020) amongst others.
DockYard is hiring an Elixir Developer (Contract) to work independently or with other engineers to develop user experience-focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems.
The ideal candidate will have worked as a contractor or consultant previously and have a strong understanding of how to interface with clients.
- Work independently or with other engineers to develop user experience-focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems
- Collaborate with designers, front-end developers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing
- At least 1-2 years of production experience with Elixir & Phoenix
- 5+ years of overall software engineering experience
- Experience designing APIs
- Experience working with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience working with a cross-functional team in an Agile environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Nice To Haves
- Solid understanding of OTP patterns
- Experience building web apps with Phoenix LiveView
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
Contractor (32 hours per week)
Remote (U.S. based only)
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.