Let Me Write That Down for You 3 weeks ago
Freelance Content Writer
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Gigs/Projects
- 🕘 Flexible Hours
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 📅 Applications Close April 30th
- 💪 Personal and Professional Growth
Now Hiring: Remote Freelance Content Writer
If you’re a professional blog content writer who hates to pitch, this might be the job for you. Let Me Write That Down for You creates high-quality search engine optimized blog posts for clients around the world. I (Sofie, the founder) am looking for an additional freelance writer who can help us do just that.
This remote position is great for someone who’s a detail-oriented, highly organized writer with at least some freelance experience. Bonus points if you know a little about SEO but if not, don’t worry, as you’ll get on-the-job training.
What we’re about
Our goal is to help companies generate qualified leads through thoroughly-researched content strategy and execution. More than a line on their expense sheet, we want to be a true content partner. If you want to know more, have a look at our website.
Our clients have established B2B businesses operating mostly in the digital marketing niche who need our help growing their company blog (and traffic). They require high-quality articles free of fluff and that’s exactly what we deliver.
To do that, we operate in an equally fluff-free way. What that means?
- respect each other’s time and personal lives so we focus on essential communication while never being afraid to ask a question or share feedback. We always do this in a clear and concise yet respectful way.
- communicate problems as they arise and always make sure to add a suggested solution as well.
- do not micromanage. In fact, we avoid it passionately.
- follow processes because we know they help us deliver error-free work…
- but also proactively look for ways to improve those processes. We use our brains.
This job is completely remote and you’re free to work whenever you want, as long as you easily meet your deadlines.
About the Role
We’re reaching the limit of new clients we can take on, which is why we’re looking for someone who wants to grow as we grow. Instead of waiting until we’re over capacity and then dumping our excess of work on you, we want to be strategic about our growth and bring you on now so we can take our time to train you and give you more work as you learn our processes.
Long story short: if you’re looking for a steady gig of x hours per month from the get-go, this is not the job for you. But if you have availability and want to gradually take on more work without having to look for it, please apply.
Because yes, we’ll do the client-hunting while you do the writing. We’ll communicate with the client and get you all the material you need so you can focus on what you do best. (This should be writing. If it’s not, you probably opened the wrong job ad.)
If we decide to work together, you’ll spend a few weeks in paid training before you get your own assignments. This way, we’re both more confident when you get started. By the way, it would be great if you could mention your favorite dessert in your cover letter.
We use Asana to assign tasks and use Google Drive to store all documentation and client files. Communication happens via Asana, email, and occasionally Google Meet. We also use Loom when we want to share a screen recording or explain something that’s easier said than written down. Experience with these tools is preferred but not required.
Who You Are
- You have a portfolio of strong blog content samples. We need to see links to published work similar to what you’d do for us.
- You are detail-oriented. You realize we have processes to ensure we deliver top-quality work and respect that each step in those processes is important.
- Your English writing skills are flawless. You don’t need to be a native English speaker but nobody should notice that you aren’t.
- Decent knowledge of and interest in digital marketing. While we don’t expect you to be an expert if you don’t know the difference between SEO and SEM or what lead generation is, this job is probably not for you.
- You are excellent at managing your time and workload. As mentioned, we’re not micromanagers so it’s up to you to make sure you meet your deadlines, taking into account any questions you need answered or hiccups that might happen while writing.
- You are a skilled communicator. Questions, feedback, praise, frustrations… you need to be able to share them all, share them honestly, and share them clearly. We are a fully remote team so this is crucial.
- You can reply to emails and comments within 24 hours. On weekdays and when you’re not on holiday.
- You are available to write at least one 2,000-word article per week.
- You don’t settle for good enough. You’re always looking for ways to improve both your work and the way in which you (and we as a team) work.
- Experience using Asana, Google Drive, Google Meet, and Loom.
- Basic knowledge of and/or interest in SEO, especially keyword implementation best-practices.
- Experience writing for the digital marketing niche.
What’s in it for you?
- Live and work wherever you want. As long as you have a reliable internet connection.
- Flexible hours. Work when it suits you, as long as you meet your deadlines.
- Personal and professional growth. We’re happy to share resources and discuss how we can help you improve your craft beyond the initial training you’ll get from us.
- Honest remuneration. You’ll be paid a flat fee per post based on the word count range. Please include your fees in your application.
Apply by clicking the button below. We’ll get back to everyone but it might take up to a month. There’s no need to follow-up. If you apply through the button below, we’ll get your application.