Draft.dev 1 week ago
Freelance Copy Editor
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Gigs/Projects, Part Time
- 🕘 Flexible Hours
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 💡 2+ Years of Experience
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 💰 $30/hour Starting Pay Rate
- 📅 Applications close July 6th
- 🔑 Work with the Managing Editor
Now Hiring: Freelance Copy Editor
Are you a detail-oriented copy editor who can adhere to a style guide? Are you comfortable working in markdown? Know the difference between a copy edit and a line edit?
We’re currently looking for a new freelance copy editor to join the team at Draft.dev!
About the Company
Draft.dev is a content marketing agency focused on creating in-depth, technical content for growing technology startups. We work with subject matter experts from around the world to create tutorials, blog posts, and e-books for our clients. Founded in 2020, we’re a small, but quickly growing team of technologists, writers, marketers, editors, and designers.
And now we’re looking for the latest addition to our editing team.
We’d Like Someone Who Can
- Correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors, especially for ESL writers
- Follow a detailed style guide and work in markdown format.
- Ensure that the final article is polished and client-ready, making sure formatting and deliverables are correct and complete
- Promptly and clearly communicate with Draft.dev team members
- 2+ years of professional copy editing experience
- Comfortable working from a house style guide as well as standards like CMS
- 10–20 work hours available per week
- Deliver on deadlines with 48-72 hour turnarounds
- Adhere to and improve editing processes, style guides, etc.
- Comfortable in an all-remote environment
- Flexible hours, location, and asynchronous work
- $30/hour starting pay rate
- Work directly with Draft.dev’s Managing Editor for guidance
- Help shape the direction of a quickly growing small business
- Click the Apply Now button on this page and submit your application.
- Top applicants will be asked to complete a paid trial assignment.
- You’ll join a 30-minute intro call to learn more about our process and team.
Ready to Apply?
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.