Theorem 2 weeks ago
Full Cycle Bookkeeper
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time
- 🏖️ Paid Vacation
- ✈️ Team Retreats
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 💡 3-5 Years Of Experience
- 🔑 Reports to VP of Finance
- 💪 Physical Fitness Benefits Program
- 💰 Finance & Comprehensive Benefits
Now Hiring: Remote Full Cycle Bookkeeper
What You Will Do
- Streamline the process for gathering data and refining Revenue & Spending analysis reports
- Drive process improvements and system automation projects
- Support other Finance Project Management tasks
- Support the financial reporting, planning, and controlling tasks
- Identify key issues and tasks and work with the VP of Finance to implement best solution
- Develop and manage models related to monthly financials, scenario analysis, and ad hoc analysis as needed
- Update Monthly trackers and reports
- Help with the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable & accounts receivable
- Help to prepare key monthly financial statements, performing month-end close duties, completing/reviewing account reconciliation
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Work with multiple currencies
- Work with many different platforms on a regular basis
- Maintain separate monthly schedules
What is Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a finance or accounting role
- Ability to influence business partners with data-driven decision support and analysis
- Advanced level of MS Excel / Google Spreadsheet.
- Hands-on experience in accounting
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility and ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Understanding of US GAAP accounting standards
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online, Abacus, Bill.com, or similar platforms, comfortable learning new systems and administering them
- Comfortable working with multiple subsidiaries
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in accounting, finance, and operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to VP of Finance
Who We Are
Founded in 2007, Theorem LLC is a remote-first technology consulting company, fully distributed by design. We are privately-owned and committed to building a sustainable organization, at the company level, and for each of our team members.
Our services range from new product development, pure R & D, legacy modernization, pricing strategy development, revenue generation, process optimization, and organizational transformation and cultural design. Customers come to us because they need to change to succeed and are looking for a solution that isn’t just about technology — but also people, process, and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution under one roof.
Current and past customers include some of the household names on the Fortune 200 list but also start-ups and non-commercial organizations.
Unsure if your skills meet all of our requirements?
Apply anyway! We would love to meet you and find out more about how your skills could add value. At Theorem, we value open communication and feedback. We believe that diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!
Benefits and Perks
- 100% REMOTE TEAM RETREAT – Once a year the entire Theorem team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
- HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND – HAPPY TEAM – We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
- HEALTHCARE & FINANCE – For US & UK-based full-time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.
Theorem expects all team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment are not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, genetics, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, family or parental status, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, sex or gender assigned at birth, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, hairstyle, physical features, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. Theorem encourages applicants of all ages. Theorem is an equal opportunity employer. No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in writing, signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.