Niche Website Builders 2 weeks ago
Head of Operations
Europe · Full Time
- 🧨 Staff Pick
- 💡 4+ Years of Experience
- 💰 $81,000 – $95,000 per year
- 🗺 Anywhere in the United Kingdom
- 📅 Applications Close on September 22nd
Now Hiring: Remote Head of Operations
As an industry-leading Content Publishing Marketing business, the Head of Operations will play a vital role in the day-to-day operations of Niche Website Builders, whilst at the same time freeing up the founders to help with growth.
The role requires thorough organisational skills, resilience and vision, and a no-nonsense and pragmatic attitude to getting the job done.
We expect this role to evolve over time, however, the core requirement is to oversee the delivery of Niche Website Builders work to its clients and to maintain the excellent reputation for quality and results that the business maintains.
We’re looking for someone based in the UK to fill the role.
Who are Niche Website Builders?
Niche Website Builders have rapidly become leaders in the content publishing world, growing to 90 people in 18 months.
They are disrupting the content publishing industry by providing unparalleled quality of service.
Every month they deliver 4 million words of content and build hundreds of links and are looking to double the business again in the next 12-18 months.
Results: We’re committed to helping our clients grow their websites and brands.
Quality: We’re committed to providing an industry-leading service that exceeds customer expectations.
Delivery: Services delivered on time, every time without compromising quality.
People: Fostering an environment that empowers employees to develop and grow with the business, delivering their best work.
Responsibilities of Head of Operations
- Overseeing the day-to-day delivery of all projects
- Working alongside the Content and Link Team managers to ensure that orders get delivered effectively; ensuring that the work is delivered on time and to budget and to the highest quality and always to the clients’ satisfaction.
- Overall line management responsibility for delivery.
Management of Support Services
Overall responsibility for all aspects of running the day-to-day business, including IT and website (eCommerce), management of PA support, and other services.
The Head of Operations should gather and summarise information on all projects and feed it back to Management on a weekly basis in the form of a report. Internal team communications will also be under the remit of this role. Be the linchpin that binds the teams together across departments to ensure work is carried out to the highest standards.
Supporting the reporting back to clients
The Head of Operations should support the Client support team in providing them with any information they need to be able to effectively communicate and report back to clients.
This role will be responsible for delivering on recruitment requests, both in terms of managing a preferred supplier list and direct recruitment of roles. Although the Team Managers will be responsible for resource and capacity management, the Head of Operations will help fill talent gaps within the business.
This role will look after all aspects of HR administration and liaise with external HR strategy suppliers where needed. All aspects of HR admin will be included such as holiday and sickness tracking, scheduling reviews, employee contracts, etc.
- 4-5 years’ project or operational experience in a fast-paced, high-volume client service-led work environment. Agency experience preferable.
- Excellent people management skills including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with varied internal/external deadlines.
- Analytical thinker who can make swift decisions, able to adapt to changes while staying the course and deliver results.
- Demonstrated experience building profitable client and vendor relationships.
- Hands-on, an action-oriented leader with the ability to understand client goals and how they translate into work.
- Strong understanding of the online content publishing industry, including the major players.
- Strong understanding of web delivery and digital production.
Core points to consider when carrying out your work with us:
- You are us. The success of the agency lies in your hands and the work you and your team produce.
- Keep learning. If you are faced with a challenge, always try to find a solution before asking for advice from a colleague or your manager. Relish the challenge.
- Attention to detail is vital. Check and double-check your work before submitting it to your manager or client.
Your attitude is contagious. Stay positive and passionate about your work and your colleagues will feel the same.