DockYard 2 weeks ago
HTML/CSS Specialist (Contract)
North America · Contract, Gigs/Projects
- 💰 High-Paying Job
- 💡 4-10 Years of Experience
- 📅 Applications Close May 27th
- 🗺 Anywhere in the United States
Now Hiring: Remote HTML/CSS Specialist (Contract)
DockYard is hiring an HTML/CSS Specialist (Contract) to collaborate closely with our in-house Design and Engineering teams to facilitate the handoff between visual design and implementation.
Who We Are
DockYard is a digital product consultancy specializing in production-ready apps. DockYard offers a range of consulting services with capabilities in product planning, design, user experience (UX), full-stack engineering, and QA. Over the last decade, the company has solved complex product challenges for visionary brands like Netflix, Apple, Nasdaq, and Harvard.
We’re honored to have been included on guides ranging from Inc 5000 (2020, 2019) to Fast Company’s Best Places to Work for Innovators (2020) amongst others.
Our workflow involves three steps. Designers hand off mockups to the HTML/CSS Specialists who then give styled templates to engineers. Traditionally writing HTML and CSS was the responsibility of designers or engineers, but with the rapid growth of HTML5 and CSS3, we believe that there needs to be a role within the team solely focused on those technologies.
As an HTML & CSS Specialist at DockYard you will collaborate closely with our in-house Design and Engineering teams to facilitate the handoff between visual design and implementation. In addition to that, you will be challenged with helping drive the creation of web applications and solving interesting problems regarding accessibility, browser compatibility, standards compliance, and responsive design.
The ideal candidate is one who lives and breathes HTML & CSS, and continuously seeks to sharpen those skills, stays up to date with modern CSS techniques and emerging web standards, and strives to achieve clean, semantic, accessible markup.
- Own the HTML & CSS development of modern web applications, operating between Design and Engineering teams.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning for projects, in collaboration with the team lead.
- Participate in work review, pairing, or other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Proficiency in HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of industry best practices
- Understanding of BEM methodology
- Comfortable developing outside of any CSS frameworks (no Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
Nice To Haves
- Knowledge of PostCSS and SMACSS
- Familiarity with a11y practices
- Experience with Sketch and Git preferred
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
- Experience working in a remote team
Contractor (32 hours per week)
Remote (U.S. based only)
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.