DockYard 1 week ago
North America · Full Time
- 🏥 Medical Plan
- 🏖️ Paid Time Off
- ✈️ Company Retreats
- 📈 401k with Employer Match
- ⚕️ Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D
- 🗺 Anywhere in the United States
- 💻 Company Provided Apple Laptop
- 📅 Applications Close November 5th
- 📚 Annual Stipend for Books, Conferences, and Trainings
Now Hiring: Remote IT Manager
We are looking for an IT Manager to lead the IT and Data Security function at DockYard.
Who We Are
DockYard is a digital product consultancy specializing in production-ready apps. DockYard offers a range of consulting services with capabilities in product planning, design, user experience (UX), full-stack engineering, and QA. Over the last decade, the company has solved complex product challenges for visionary brands like Netflix, Apple, Nasdaq, and Harvard.
We’re honored to have been included on guides ranging from Inc 5000 (2020, 2019) to Fast Company’s Best Places to Work for Innovators (2020) amongst others.
The IT Manager is responsible for the health and success of the IT Department at DockYard. This person owns overall IT leadership, logistics, tech support, and data and cyber security for the organization – including policies we must stay in compliance with on behalf of our clients. The IT Manager reports directly to the Chief Services Officer.
The ideal candidate will enjoy performing in both a strategic capacity as well as an operational or tactical capacity throughout any given day.
While this role is currently an individual contributor only, it will require a strong, empathetic leader that can build relationships throughout all levels of the organization. This person should be able to operate and make decisions independently, while also leading collaboration and discussion across departments as needed. As the company grows, this role may adapt to allow for management and/or delegation of responsibilities to other team members or outside vendors.
- IT Department Leadership
- Develop DockYard IT vision and strategy
- Determine yearly departmental goals, quarterly OKRs, and projects to achieve. Maintain an active roadmap to show progress
- Establish yearly budget for IT Department, negotiate quotes, and make purchases from vendors as needed
- Build and maintain an internal library of technical documentation, policies, procedures, and manuals.
- Look to continually optimize processes to create a consistent, efficient, and positive experience for our internal stakeholders (team members) and external stakeholders (our clients)
- In collaboration with Employee Experience, look to ensure IT strategy, hardware, and software, policies and procedures allow for an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment.
- Execute or manage 3rd party for special projects and initiatives aligned to IT Support and Logistics and/or Data and Cyber Security needs
- IT Support and Logistics
- Manage and support all physical hardware including laptops, peripherals, and other DockYard-owned equipment in a remote company environment
- In collaboration with department managers, maintain software and applications needed to run successful operations at DockYard and execute quality services for our clients
- In collaboration with Employee Experience, facilitate onboarding of new hires and/or contractors to ensure they have access to the equipment and tools, including any necessary training, on time to be assigned to client work.
- In collaboration with Client Services and Employee Experience, facilitate offboarding of any employees or contractors when moving from project to project in addition to leaving DockYard.
- Purchase, ship, and receive hardware both domestically and internationally
- Provide hardware repairs as needed both domestically and internationally
- Provide internal tech support as needed by DockYard employees
- Data + Cyber Security
In collaboration with our outside consultant:
- Develop and maintain the relevancy of organizational Data and Cyber security policies, standards, best practices, preventative measures, and disaster recovery plans.
- Advise on and ensure 3rd party applications and tools instituted are in compliance with our data and cyber security policies
- Recommend security enhancements to senior leadership
- Administer and troubleshoot security solutions
- Provide regular training for new and current employees regarding data security and cybersecurity.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure ongoing compliance (of our own policies and our client’s policies)
- Review vendor or client-side MSAs and security requirements to ensure we can meet the expected policies, and/or negotiate with appropriate parties on policy expectations on DockYard’s behalf
- 3+ years of IT and/or Network administration experience.
- 3+ years of information security and/or cyber security experience.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery in iOS hardware environment.
- Familiarity with Jamf and other virus/malware protection for Apple OS hardware
- Proven knowledge of Data security and cybersecurity practices (e.g. NIST and/or ISO/IEC 27001:2013)
- Storage capacity at home for laptops and other equipment
- Ability to ship expediently for new hires on an ongoing basis
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- High initiative and ability to work independently.
- Strong ability to collaborate with cross-departmental teams.
- Some travel and off-hour support may be required.
Nice To Haves
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming, IT or related field or equivalent experience.
- Working in an agency or consulting environment.
- MSP experience
- Professional System Administrator certifications.
- Experience working in a remote team.
Perks & Benefits
- We are a distributed company.
- Company provided Apple laptop
- 100% company paid Medical plan option for you and your family
- 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D
- 401k with employer match
- Annual stipend for books, conferences, and trainings
- Generous paid time off
- Company Retreats
Mid-level to Senior-Level
Remote (U.S. based only)
Even if you don’t believe you’re 100% we still encourage you to apply!
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.