Onfolio 2 months ago
Junior Business Manager
North America · Full Time
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 💡 1-3 Years of Experience
- 🗺 Anywhere in North America
- 📅 Applications Close August 22nd
- 💰 $1,000 – $3,500 per month plus quarterly bonuses
Now Hiring: Remote Junior Business Manager
Our US-based business (onfolio.co) acquires and operates online businesses as a diversified holding company.
We need someone who is enthusiastic, hard-working, highly organised, and astute at problem-solving to help our General Manager run a few of our businesses.
This fully remote role is a great opportunity for someone to really develop and progress their business skills, including marketing, sales, operations, management amongst others, with the opportunity for ever-evolving responsibility as you grow.
Onfolio is a very fast-paced, growing company, with exciting things in the pipeline we can discuss should you make it to the interview rounds of this process.
We value initiative and work ethic above all else, with full support provided for the right person. Our tight-knit team full of A-Players looks forward to our newest member.
About the role
An extremely fulfilling full-time Junior Business Manager role, with the chance to work on exciting, fast-growing businesses, prove your value, learn new skills and make good money. All work is fully remote – so you can work from anywhere.
Initial pay of USD$2500/month plus USD$1000 quarterly bonus if you reach targets. Remuneration is negotiable and is commensurate with experience and skill. There are also lots of opportunities for promotion. The right person could easily see themselves with a pay rise and promotion or two within their first year.
This is suitable for someone hard-working, who really wants to learn and grow, develop their skills, prove themselves and take on more responsibility.
You’ll be learning a lot. You won’t ever be comfortable just coasting along. This is a demanding role, with tons of support to help you improve your skills.
You will be expected to take responsibility for studying techniques and best practices to improve your skills every day. You will have access to dozens of top-of-the-line online training courses, intense coaching from the General Manager, and the chance to actually do the work, make some mistakes and learn from experience.
The role involves working primarily with the General Manager, and secondarily there is an opportunity to work with lots of different team members to learn, grow and win alongside each other.
If you had been working for us for a while, here is a sample of some of the tasks you could be doing in a week:
- Running operations meetings
- Developing marketing strategies
- Doing sales calls
- Troubleshooting sales funnels
- Developing new products & services
- Dealing w/ overseas manufacturers
- Team development and training
- Developing tech stacks
- Building systems and teams
We have detailed processes written up for how to do some of these jobs, and others need figuring out. Whenever there is a problem that needs solving you will be expected to study how to do it, come up with solutions, and get approval before implementing it.
We work a 40 hour work week but this is flexible. Want to work a weekend day and take Monday off? Just let us know.
There will be a 3-month trial period for the role to check that we are a good match for each other (fully paid of course).
We need someone who is:
- A Self-Starter: This is the single most important attribute. Onfolio is full of extremely hard- (and smart-!) working people. We believe in setting goals and getting them done, and rewarding ourselves when we do so. It takes grit and hustle to build a company, you cannot be afraid of taking risks and failing sometimes.
- Adept at Leadership: You will need to be comfortable taking charge of a meeting, speaking to a group, listening to different voices/feedback, and not being afraid to make decisions. We have models to help with this, but you need to be comfortable being the boss. This means that you can be comfortable/friendly with people that work for you (yes, if all goes well you will have people working for you!) but also have to be ok that there’s going to be some level of separation/professionalism because you will have to make difficult decisions at times.
- A Fast Processor: An ability to digest a lot of information quickly, synthesize it, and pull disparate threads together into a clear path forward is very advantageous in this role.
- Organized: This will be a complex role with a lot of moving pieces, which makes it both extremely fulfilling, and also overwhelming if you’re not super organized.
- Versatile: The role requires wearing a lot of different hats (see list of sample tasks above!)
- A Good Communicator: there are going to be a lot of written communications, phone calls, and video meetings. You need to be able to communicate your ideas clearly and professionally.
available to work at least 4 hours of your working day between 7 am and 5:30 pm MST (9 am – 7.30 pm EST)
- Empathetic: being empathetic will allow you to work well with other team members, clients, and investors, and will naturally increase your ability to problem solve in a productive manner, as well as write good copy and be effective at marketing. Building and running a business is all about knowing how humans work.
The soft skills above are prerequisites to fill this position. Below are some technical skills you would ideally have, though we would be willing to train the right person if they have all of the soft skills we are after. The more of the technical skill you can bring to the table, the better:
- Sales: everything involves some element of selling at the end of the day, even if it’s just getting buy-in for your ideas in a meeting.
- Digital Marketing: which includes:
- Content marketing strategy, paid acquisition, SEO, email marketing, copywriting, building out sales funnels, basic design/tech skills, social media marketing, analytics
- Basic business skills (listed in order of importance)
- Analysis (SWOT analysis, after-action reports, etc.)
- Product development and sourcing
- Org. Behavior/HR
Onfolio acquires and operates online businesses as a diversified holding company.
We are at the forefront of the digital acquisitions space, which means you will be learning from the best.
We’re a really fun, fast-moving company. We work hard, and we reward our staff well for doing a good job.
We’re pretty serious when we’re working, and can be very silly the rest of the time.
How to apply
MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THESE STEPS EXACTLY.
- Include a link to your CV
- Include a link to a short video introducing yourself and why you’d make a good candidate for this role
- Put these 10 statements in order of importance for you and your working environment (there is no wrong answer here!):
- Interesting and fulfilling work
- Full appreciation of work done
- Promotion and growth within the organisation
- Good wages
- Chance to drive the business direction
- Job security
- Executives have personal loyalty to employees
- Tactful disciplining
- Good working conditions
- Sympathetic help with personal problems
I look forward to hearing from you.