CartHook 2 months ago
Lead DevOps Engineer
Europe · Full Time
- 🧨 Staff Pick
- 👪 Parental Leave
- 🏥 Insurance Coverage
- 💡 5+ Years of Experience
- 🌴 Flexible Time Off Policy
- 💼 Professional Development
- 🗺 Anywhere in Eastern Europe 🗺
Now Hiring: Remote Lead DevOps Engineer
CartHook is the leading checkout and upsell platform for Shopify brands, and we’re growing. To date, our customers have processed over a billion dollars through CartHook and, as we pursue our mission to help eCommerce merchants thrive, we have some big plans for expansion. That’s where you come in.
Who We Are
We are a group of people who give a damn. We believe in doing what’s right and speaking up, even when it’s difficult. We pursue success, humbly.
We work on two continents, with offices in Portland, Oregon, and Ljubljana, Slovenia. However, we’re growing our remote teams, so you can live and work just about wherever you want, as long as it meets any role-specific location or time zone requirements (which are outlined below). Just make sure you have a reliable internet connection.
We bridge time zones and distance with thorough and transparent communication, and processes designed to empower and support each other. We’re a company of people from a variety of backgrounds, with a range of perspectives, which makes us stronger. We frequently work in cross-functional teams, and you’ll get to work with awesome people in all different roles in the company. We leave our egos at the door and value input and ideas from everyone at the company.
How We Work
Live Where You Want
We’re a hybrid of co-located and distributed teams, so you can live and work just about wherever you want.
No Crazy Hours
We’re all adults and we trust each other to manage our time appropriately. There’s no need to punch a clock, or ask for permission to take off early one afternoon to go see the doctor. We look at what you accomplish, not how long you are in front of a computer. We work hard and smart, but we’re in this for the long haul.
Responsible Time Off
We want you to take time off; it makes you happier, healthier, and more productive. In fact, we have an unlimited time-off policy, plus two mandatory weeks for a holiday break in December/January. It’s important you take the time you need, whether you’re caring for your health, the health of a family member, or going on vacation. (We look forward to seeing pictures of your trip in #the-pub Slack channel!) Be mindful of Black Friday through Cyber Monday. That’s our merchants’ busiest time of the year, and we need all-hands-on-deck just in case.
Grow and Learn
We aren’t satisfied with what we already know; we want to learn more and we want you to as well. Think conferences (when those are a thing again), online courses and resources, and dedicated time away to learn something new…it’s up to you and your manager. Let us know what you need.
Insurance coverage: For our U.S. employees, we offer health, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of your medical and dental premiums and 75% for vision. We also cover a percentage of the premiums for dependents. If our default plan isn’t right for you, there are other options available to fit your needs.
Parental leave: All parents who welcome a new child by birth, surrogacy, foster, or adoption are eligible to take 8 weeks of paid leave. All birth mothers are eligible for an additional 8 weeks of paid leave. New mothers will be able to have a flexible, soft re-entry coming back to work.
401k Plan: Employees are eligible for a 401k plan provided by Guideline and integrated into our payroll system. Plans are funded by the employee.
As a Dev-Ops engineer, you will be working closely with the development teams to implement and support their continuous integration, in order to ensure stable and reliable releases of our platform. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining our container-based infrastructure, to improve the availability and resilience of our services. With your motivation and knowledge in the latest cloud technologies and provisioners like Terraform and container-orchestration softwares like Nomad and Kubernetes, you will be creating a scalable and resilient architecture for an Ecommerce stack.
This is a full-time, fully remote role. Ideally, you are located in a European timezone, but we are open to other timezones on a case by case basis
What we’re looking for
- Advanced knowledge in cloud administration(required, minimum 3 years of experience)
- Advanced knowledge of AWS, specially IAM, RDS; Cloudfront, S3, EC2 Autoscaling (Cloudformation), Lambda, ElastiCache, Elastic Load Balancing, VPC (required, 3 years of experience), EventBridge, Fergate, ElasticBeanstalk is a +
- Good knowledge of SQL DB engines, optimization, and maintenance
- Redshift(1 year of experience)
- Mysql(5 years experience)
- Aurora(3 year experience), clustering is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of the in-memory databases(Redis)
- Experience with ElastiCache is a +
- Advanced knowledge of Docker (3 years of experience),
- Advanced knowledge of the container orchestration software like Nomad (required, 2 years of experience)
- Advanced knowledge of Nginx + php-fpm stack
- Understanding principles of laC (Infrastructure as a code) (required)
- Advanced knowledge of provisioning tool like Ansible
- We use HashiCorp Tools (required, but can be a similar type)
- Advanced knowledge of Terraform from HashiCorp
- Advanced knowledge of the Vault from HashiCorp
- Advanced knowledge of the Consul from HashiCorp
- We use HashiCorp Tools (required, but can be a similar type)
- Advanced knowledge of Cl/CD (e.g. Buildkite, Circled, Gitlab, Travis) (required, 8 years of experience), Buildkite is preferable
- Basic understanding of service discovery(1 year of experience)
- Proficiency in bash, shell languages(required, 5 years of experience)
- UNIX/Linux system administration(required, 5 years of experience])
- Experience with high performance systems(required, 5 years experience)
- Experience managing large datasets, data replications, and data storage pools(2 years experience)
- Experience with scaling infrastructure and migrations
- Self-starter, proactive attitude
- Kubernetes, etcd is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of the AWS EKS
- Data streaming services(Kafka, Cassandra)
- Puppet, Chef
- Knowledge of Apache
- Laravel Framework
- Ecommerce knowledge
- Scrum and agile development
So, are you game? If yes, let’s talk!