Blackbook Investments 1 month ago
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time
- 🕘 Flexible Hours
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🚀 High Growth Potential
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 💰 $1,000 – $3,000 per month
- 📅 Applications Close June 11th
- 💡 Open to Any Level Experience
Now Hiring: Remote Lead SEO with Experience Managing Content Sites
BlackBook Investments manages a portfolio of online businesses in multiple niches. We also manage websites for our investors and are a part of Empire Flippers Capital as an Operator. We strive for perfection and plan to significantly grow all of our websites. Currently helping us do that, our team of 15 incredible employees who are using cutting-edge SEO & content creation techniques to increase our profit year on year. We are looking to hire talented, detail orientated, hard-working, A-players to join us. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to join a fun and challenging company, grow your skillset and expand within the company.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated full-time Lead SEO to take over the SEO Strategy, Content Planning, and Site Management for our portfolio of websites. Candidates must have high attention to detail and have a scientific approach to decision-making.
A high standard of English language is required in order to communicate with stakeholders within and outside the company and progress within the role, and a minimum of three years of experience in a similar role is preferred. After three months, if required, you may have the opportunity to hire assistants to offload some of the tasks such as internal linking, replying to emails, etc and allow you to best optimize your time and grow the onsite and offsite SEO strategy, so experience in management is also a must.
SEO is a continually evolving industry, so it is important that you are up to date with the latest SEO trends and continually take initiative in proactively researching new SEO strategies. We expect you to remain up to date with the latest SEO information and best practices, and take a scientific approach to attempt new tactics and monitoring competitors’ SEO strategies to optimize our own.
In our business, we strongly value accountability and integrity. Team members are expected to take ultimate responsibility for their own work and any work they are overseeing.
It is critical that you are able to work independently and take initiative in problem-solving and managing your workload.
There will be opportunities for bonuses on top of the monthly salary and scope for job progression.
We’re Looking For Someone Who
- Has a deep understanding and experience with on-page and off-page optimization with the usual SEO tools stack (Ahrefs, SEMRush ScreamingFrog, Sitebulb, SearchConsole, SurferSEO, Frase…etc)
- Has experience in on-site link strategies. (Not link building, this is not an outreach job)
- Has experience with technical SEO. As a Lead SEO, we expect you to know the best practices when it comes to website architecture and technical optimization.
- You are a strategic thinker and are able to identify SEO opportunities using tools such as ahrefs.com.
- Has experience with content strategy and setting a long-term plan.
- Has experience with performance tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Tag Manager
- Is experienced in working remotely with a reliable internet connection and a reliable computer.
- Has excellent English language skills; you can confidently do light SEO edits of articles.
The personal traits of our perfect colleague
- Extremely organized – there are hundreds of tasks involved in running a successful SEO campaign and you’ll need to be able to manage all of these tasks and make sure nothing gets missed
- Proactive personality, not afraid of taking initiative and improving the way we do our work
- Is efficient – You know what the 80/20 rule is, and know-how to prioritize your work.
- Has a great work ethic – You do the job, and you do it well.
- Is reliable and communicative – You deliver on your commitments, give updates, and point out issues.
- Passionate about learning new things
- Analytic and eager to problem solve
- Takes ownership of results and issues that arise
- Enjoys working collaboratively and engaging with teammates
- ‘Can do’ attitude
Responsibilities & Tasks
Some of your day-to-day tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Conducting keyword research to best understand the client’s business and opportunity.
- Optimizing existing page content, meta-data, and header tags based on keyword research.
- Identifying and creating internal links for campaign pages from supporting content such as blog posts and other service pages.
- Optimizing existing page content based on page correlation tools (Surfer SEO, Frase)
- Writing content briefs
- Link gap analysis to determine which article to prioritize for next link targets
- Monitoring traffic performance in Google Analytics and Search Console
- Fixing website issues identified in audits such as broken links, orphaned pages, indexability issues, schema implementation, implementing 301 redirects, and others primarily inside the WordPress environment.
- Creating anchor text documents to help direct the link-building team.
- Supporting redesign projects with 301 redirects and risk mitigation.
- Helping to improve existing documents and processes.
- Continuous learning in the SEO industry.
Long term responsibilities will include:
- Building and improving overall SEO and content strategy for the portfolio sites.
- Improving the overall off-page SEO strategy for the portfolio sites.
- Competitor analysis
- Improving the existing SEO tactics of how to achieve short term and long term KPIs (traffic+revenue)
- Monthly Technical Audit: Check up on broken links, orphaned pages, indexability issues, redirects, schema…
- Work from anywhere (we’re 100% remote)
- Schedule flexibility
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunities for promotion as we grow