Interpersonality 2 days ago
Digital Marketer (Research-Focused SEO and PR)
Europe, North America, South America · Full Time
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 💡 1-3 Years of Experience
- 📅 Applications Close June 30th
- 💰 $2,500 – $5,000 per month (DOE)
- 🔑 Work with the CMO and Founders
- 🗺 Anywhere in the Americas or Europe timezone (based in Lisbon or Portugal ideal)
Now Hiring: Remote Digital Marketer for Research-Focused SEO and PR
Interpersonality is a brand new personality test focused on helping people improve their relationships – whether that be at work, with family and friends, or in love.
We’re looking to hire a marketer to operate our research-focused SEO and PR strategy.
Location: This is a remote role. That said, we are in Europe. Many people you’d be speaking with are in the US. Though anywhere from EST (UTC-4) to UTC+3 works, Europe is preferred. Ideally, you would be based in Lisbon or Portugal in general, as that is where our CMO is based.
Compensation: $2,500 – $5,000 USD per month. Compensation depends on your experience and the breadth of your skillset. Copywriting ability in particular is something we value.
What You’ll Be Doing
We will be producing many research papers (some based on data we have, some based on data we will collect in the future).
Some of these papers will be controversial. Some will be written purely for academics. Some will be simply interesting.
Your job is similar in each case:
- Work with our CMO to determine what large interest groups online could be interested in (or upset by) the research paper.
- Determine how to reach them. Where do they hang out online? What publications do they read? What authors at those publications write about the topic?
- Depending on the strategy, write outreach scripts. What’s the message/angle? The goal is for them to write about our research. Initially, our CMO will help with this. Hopefully, you eventually do it alone.
- You’ll then manage someone to help you build an outreach list. This is grunt work, and thus it’s best for us to get someone to help you. This person will report to you and you will be expected to manage them. You’ll need attention to detail here, which is also why the very first word in your application must be “profiles”.
- Once the list is built, actually do the outreach.
The strategy is to produce research papers (which will always be exceptionally accurate and interesting – we handle identifying the research topics and writing the papers, so that’s not something you need to worry about), and then use them to generate as much press and backlinks as possible. When one research paper loses steam, we start promoting the next.
If the above does not make sense to you, please do not apply for the role.
In addition, we have the ability to collect new data and perform new studies quickly. We intend to work with authors, podcasters, and those with a large audience to create studies on their behalf.
For instance, if we were working with a self-help author, we could do a study asking, “how does personality affect how easy it is for someone to form habits? What kinds of habits?”
We would then write and publish the paper in tandem with the author. The author gets original research with their name on it. In return, it gets promoted to their audience – and thus, we get promoted to their audience.
You’ll help us figure out which people it makes sense to offer this to, and then be their main point of contact during the process.
- Experience with cold outreach. Since this will be a major part of your job, we want you to have experience doing it.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of SEO. Ideally, you’ve done SEO before – particularly link building.
- Understanding of copywriting. Bonus points if you are a good copywriter as well.
- Coachable with low ego. We don’t do politics. We want someone who knows their shit, but importantly, who wants to keep learning, can be coached, and is willing to give us feedback too.
- Independent and self-sufficient. We’re looking to give you a system and (sometimes loose) set of instructions and have you run things. If you want to be told what to do every day, this is not the job for you. You will have responsibility for the role and be expected to execute it independently.
- Hard worker and ambitious. This is a remote role, and we won’t be looking over your shoulder. We’re looking for someone who will have the internal drive to knock this out of the park.
- Native English. You don’t need to be a native speaker, but your English should be excellent. This is especially important for written communication.
- Eastern US or EU timezone. This is a remote role. That said, we are in Europe. Many people you’d be speaking with are in the US. Though anywhere from EST (UTC-4) to UTC+3 works, Europe is preferred. Ideally, you would be based in Lisbon or Portugal in general, as that is where our CMO is based.
Interpersonality is a brand new personality test designed to help people improve their relationships – whether that be at work, with family and friends, or in love.
We have not launched yet, but are about to.
Our new model was built with AI, using research finished in 2020. We conducted one of the largest studies on personality ever done, surveying 144,164 people and collected 34 million data points. We then used advanced machine learning and statistical analysis to dive into the complexity of human personality. Unrestricted by dogma or a 16-type system, we were able to find what patterns really exist. Our model was built from the ground up based on our findings. Humans don’t fit neatly into 16 personality types. That’s why our model has 30 million unique profiles.
We want to work with someone interested in personality and in helping people improve their relationships. Thus, if we decide to interview you for the role, you’ll be expected to have read both of the above pages and to understand our model.
You would be joining a small but very experienced team with a results-focused culture. We communicate clearly and have small egos. We are simultaneously very data-driven and in tune with feelings. You’d be working directly with the two founders of the company and won’t deal with bureaucracy or politics.