Ashford Point 3 weeks ago
Marketing Manager (E-commerce Brands)
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time
- 🧨 Staff Pick
- 🏖️ 21 Days PTO
- 🕘 Flexible Hours
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- ✈️ Travel & Conferences
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 💡 Open to Any Level Experience
- 📅 Applications Close August 6th
- 🔑 Report to Marketplace Director
- 💰 Up to $7,000 USD DOE + Bonuses
Now Hiring: Remote Marketing Manager (E-commerce Brands)
We are an 8-year-old e-commerce company based in San Juan Puerto Rico. We manufacture, import, and sell a wide range of products on Amazon.com. The products are sold under multiple brands and range from clothing, socks, and soft accessories. We are a market leader in many product categories such as athletic socks, yoga socks, swim shorts, bathrobes, and many more. Our main brand is www.pembrookapparel.com.
The business is managed by the founder, a Marketplace Director, and Logistics Director and supported by a Business Analyst and an awesome team in the Philippines and China. You would report to the Marketplace Director and manage two staff members. You will work collaboratively with the Creative Manager in charge of the design team.
We are looking for a creative, curious, and proactive person to manage much of the customer-facing aspects of the business. More specifically, we are looking for someone to find new and effective ways to promote our large product portfolio and brands in a scalable way and to manage all new product launches (10-15 per year)
About the Role
We currently own one flagship brand and several supporting brands that are market leaders in their categories. We’re looking for someone to expand the visibility of these brands and products through multiple channels and to proactively find ways to grow sales and increase brand awareness.
We are not looking for someone to simply execute on tasks, but a person who can cast vision, make data-driven decisions, manage a small team and drive projects to completion. We are a fast-moving organization and have a bias for action and completing projects. You will be given challenges and responsibilities and will be expected to proactively deliver solutions and results.
Typical questions you will find the answer to:
- What’s the best way to launch new products? What PPC Strategy should we follow?
- What’s the best way to get reviews to support a product during launch?
- What’s the best way to build an email list and engage with our customers?
- Should we use ManyChat, Facebook/Google/Instagram ads to drive customer engagement and traffic on Amazon?
Here are a few specific things you will work on:
- Seek to understand our products and the various demographics that buy them
- Keep an eye on other players in the space and draw inspiration from their marketing approaches
- Manage our PPC agency, review their monthly reports and take appropriate action.
- Develop marketing plans for new product launches
- Actively participate in preparing for new launches
- Create physical product inserts with QR codes and a connected marketing funnel
- Be responsible for on AMZ marketing such as deals, promotions, posts, customer engagement etc.
- Take the lead on brand building, cohesiveness, and messaging
Strategically build our off AMZ marketing efforts, which may include:
- Email list building
- Influencer marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Google/Facebook/Instagram Ads
You will work closely with the Creative Manager on certain projects and report to the Director of Strategy & Optimization. Depending on your skill set and experience, you could have anywhere from 1-5 direct reports. You must be okay with occasional early morning or late evening calls to talk with the team in the Philippines, Europe, or on the US East Coast.
Traits/Experience We’re Looking for
- Proven experience in e-commerce marketing and creating marketing campaigns that convert
- Experience with organic and paid social media management
- Experience with Amazon PPC management and optimizing campaigns based on analytics and reports
- Creative and inspired to come up with new ideas and visions for our brands
- Proactive and independent thinker, communicative and organized
- Ability to manage both up and down
- Curious and eager to learn
- Friendly and personable, yet able to keep others accountable
- Experience in Amazon, digital marketing (SEO/SEM) is a huge plus
- Motivated: Must be willing and able to occasionally work up to 60 hours per week
- Travel: will travel to the Philippines 1-2 times per year for our team get togethers. You might also travel to Puerto Rico and locations across the US to attend conferences (unfortunately, this is on hold for the time being due to the pandemic).
What does success look like?
- Bias for action – You are moving projects forward and suggesting new initiatives without prompting or supervision.
- Quantitative – You are meaningfully and measurably improving the traffic/views of our listings.
- Creative – You are coming up with ideas and researching new ways for us to effectively reach our target customers.
- Responsibility – You are thoughtfully managing the staff reporting to you. You are identifying needs and hiring additional team members if needed. You also know how to effectively manage up.
What we offer
- Pay: up to 7,000 USD per month depending on experience and skills with the potential for a 5-10% year-end target bonus. For the right person, there is opportunity for advancement and taking on additional responsibilities.
- 21 days paid time off
- Remote work: with no commute, you can work from the comfort of your home, the local coffee shop or resort. Fast, reliable internet is an absolute must.
- Flexible hours: we do not believe in micro-managing. Outside of scheduled meetings, our employees manage their own time. We don’t care when you do it, as long as it gets done.
If you’re interested in this job, please send us the following information:
- Your CV/resume.
- Cover letter. Make sure to give us concrete examples of relevant projects you have done. The first three words of the first sentence should be formatted in bold and purple.
- Your 3 favorite business books and/or podcasts
We can’t wait to meet you!