Scott's Bass Lessons 2 weeks ago
Marketing Project Manager
Europe, North America, South America · Full Time
- 🧨 Staff Pick
- 💡 2-4 Years of Experience
- 📅 Applications Close May 11th
- 🔑 Work with the Leadership Team
- 🗺 Anywhere in Europe, North or South America
Now Hiring: Remote Marketing Project Manager
Love online marketing? Passionate about organizing processes? Know Jira as something other than a misspelling of a pita sandwich? Want to join a fast-growing musical education startup that’s 100% remote?
You might be interested in joining Scott’s Bass Lessons, the world’s #1 online platform for bass players, as a Marketing Project Manager.
The Marketing Project Manager (MPM) will be at the hub of planning and project management activities within SBL’s marketing department. You will build relationships and management interfaces for marketing projects that reach across the entire organisation, ensuring they’re delivered on time and to budget.
You will have a keen eye for detail, be passionate about establishing processes and maximizing efficiency, and always strive to take initiative and stay one step ahead. You’ll be a clear and considerate communicator, enjoy building relationships, and value collaboration and teamwork.
Most importantly, you’ll have a strong grounding in project management, some experience in digital marketing, and a desire to work with the greatest team in online music education!
This role requires strong organizational skills, incredible detail-orientation, exceptional communication skills, and a passion for executing effectively. The ideal candidate will thrive in a team environment and enjoy managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Monitor day-to-day activities of marketing project teams and ensure work is progressing as scoped and planned. Work with the project team and have active involvement in all aspects of the work
- Responsible for overseeing and managing all marketing design/creative requests and working with team leads to execute plans
- Coordinate with project stakeholders in order to ensure planning and collaboration across the entire project lifecycle
- Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources working across project(s) based on the scope of work and project goals
- Consistently manage internal expectations on realistic timelines for delivery based on overall resources available
- Actively monitor project risks and scope to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Lead select project meetings and drive teams toward timely completion of project milestones and phases
- Create and oversee the updates of all project documentation including master timeline, project status updates, risk and issues tracker, budget, and others as needed
- Assist in the coordination and management of all project planning meetings throughout the project lifecycle, including preparing agendas, circulating key documents, note-taking, and meeting follow-ups
- Work closely with the SBL Leadership Team to maintain marketing direction in line with big picture company goals
- 2-4 years of project management experience. Within a marketing department, or creative studio or agency is a plus.
- Demonstrated project management skills; organized and thorough with exemplary follow-through
- Demonstrated history of assessing, creating, rolling out, and optimizing process
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, be resourceful in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure
- Ability to develop, implement, enforce and adjust scalable processes that ensure best practices in marketing and resource management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- High energy, organized individual who is comfortable in a high-visibility role company-wide
- Great collaborator with the ability to focus on both the big picture and small details
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and take a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Expert knowledge of Google Suite of office products
- Some experience with workflow/project management tools – Workfront, Jira or similar – Teamwork experience a big plus
- How many years of experience in Project Management?
- How many years of experience in Project Management in a Marketing capacity?
- Average size of project team(s) (1-2, 3-5, 6-10, 11+)
- Experience with Project Management tools (Jira, Teamwork, Trello, Asana, other)
- Please explain your project management methodology. How do you keep project goals accountable, delivered on time, and within performance expectations?
- How would you rate project management as a career, from 1-10?
- What’s the most important responsibility of a Project Manager?
- How have you improved project management processes in your current role?
- What creative problem-solving techniques do you use?
- What is your strategy for prioritizing tasks?
- Tell us about the most challenging projects you have managed so far? What were the steps you have taken to tackle the challenges?
- What are the techniques you may use to define the scope of a project?
- Describe the team forming process you follow in project management.
- How do you monitor and review the delegated responsibilities?
- How do you control changes to your project?
- What is your familiarity with SBL? With electric bass? With online music education?
- Does this sound like you? We’d love to speak with you further!
To apply, click the button below and complete the application form.