HeyGov 5 days ago
Business Development Rep / Product Evangelist
North America, South America · Full Time
- 🧨 Staff Pick
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- ✈️ In-Person Meetups
- 🏖️ 20 Days Paid Time Off
- 🗺 Anywhere in the Americas
- 💰 $3,500 – $4,000 Per Month
- 💻 Laptop & Home Office Stipend
- 📚 Training, Workshops, and Conferences
- 💪 Gym Membership, Massage, and Wellness
- 🌐 Co-Working Space or Internet Service At Home
Be a Remote Business Development Rep / Product Evangelist for a Hot New Software Company
HeyGov is a new government technology startup that has backing from America’s top municipal web agency (Town Web). We are is shaping the future of local governments by building easy-to-use mobile applications for citizens and their municipalities. Our team consists of the smartest and most dynamic developers in the business. We are in an industry with huge market potential — there’s never been a better time to join our team!
We are looking for a friendly and personable individual to be our Product Evangelist! You would give Zoom demos to potential customers and demonstrate how the software can benefit them.
If you are a stellar communicator with a bubbly personality, enjoy talking about new technology solutions, and are highly organized, this would be a wonderful role for you!
Being a Product Evangelist at HeyGov would be hella more exciting than working at a traditional company!
Before I tell you three unique reasons why this role is so awesome, let me tell you a bit about why working for us would be way more exciting than other jobs. I’ve done searches on Indeed and other job boards (including this one) for comparison purposes of similar jobs, and most of those other ones are working for “corporate” companies. Boring with a capital “B”!
As owner of HeyGov, one of my aims is to buck the traditional workplace norm. I know what corporate life is all about. Heck, I spent nine years in the corporate world — stalk me on LinkedIn to see where it was spent. Corporate life can suck the ambition out of your soul. Working at HeyGov would not be unlike what you see at those boring traditional jobs. We are a team of highly dynamic people working together, remotely.
Here are 3 awesome reasons why working at HeyGov is way better than working at all those other jobs on Indeed. At HeyGov, we have the following:
- 🚀 Rocket Ship Growth Potential.
Imagine working at the ground floor of Microsoft back in their early days. That’s what it’s like to work at HeyGov. Early traction with big potential. The future has never looked brighter!
- 🤓 Smart Peers.
You will get to work with some of the smartest people around who are using their powers for good. They’re using their creative energy to find ways to solve complex problems in an industry where our legacy competitors are well-funded, but old-fashioned and stogy in their thinking.
- 🌮 Cutting edge technology.
You get to work on some really cutting-edge technologies that are changing the way people interact with their governments.
Business Development Rep / Product Evangelist
HeyGov is looking for a full-time Product Evangelist that will serve as a main point of contact to our B2G (Business to Government) customers. We’re looking for somebody with excellent communication skills who can be both a coordinator and an active participant in our new business development & sales process.
You should be able to think strategically but also act tactically. Basically this means you’ll need to understand our product, learn how it revolutionizes local governments, and clearly describe and demonstrate it in a simple way to non-technical staff at government agencies.
Skills to Have
- Be able to work remotely and independently without any supervision.
- Stay in touch with the rest of the HeyGov team during normal business hours. Currently our team includes a highly dynamic project manager, a team of curious and intelligent developers, and a sarcastic company founder from Wisconsin who believes he’s crazy to compete against highly funded startups from Silicon Valley 🤓
- Be very well organized. We have a bunch of leads and we need somebody to prioritize the ones that should be followed up first in a professional, personable and efficient way.
- Be detail oriented and enter call notes and other information inside the CRM. The reason is because selling to local governments can be a long process…sometimes many months until a deal is closed. Because of the quantity of leads we’re generating, we need to document call notes so that we can pick up the conversation when it comes closer to a lead converting to an order.
- Be technical. As a technology startup, we expect each person to “get it” when it comes to working with the tools of a modern-day company that has a team that works remotely.
- Be judicious about weekly or daily calendar planning. Since there are a lot of leads who are interested in knowing and seeing more about HeyGov, it really would be critical for you to be somebody that does weekly or daily calendar planning.
A typical day includes
As a Product Evangelist, you would assist potential clients/lead by doing Lead Nurturing. This is simply helping them through the decision-making and buying process.
- You would organize the inbound leads in the CRM. (We’re using Nutshell as a CRM. And let me tell you it’s quite intuitive and easy to navigate.)
- You would also assign each new lead to the correct pipeline so that they receive the appropriate follow up sequence.
- You would then call up each new lead (or arrange for a quick 15 min Zoom demo) to demonstrate how our software would solve problems within their organization
- After each activity (such as a phone call, Zoom demo or email exchange) you’d jot down key points in the CRM.
- Many times there are other people who need to participate in the buying process, so it’d be super helpful to schedule follow up calls and offer to do a separate demo with other stakeholders. Usually these would be with city board & council members.
- If the lead wants to present the information to the board or committee, you would generate a proposal based for them. We use PandaDocs and it’s a super streamlined process).
- Since governments sometimes take time to make a purchasing decision, it would be necessary to do periodic check-ins and see how their decision-making process is going.
What will typically occur each month or quarter
- High level strategy planning. This is big picture thinking. You’ll get work with the company founder and other team members to evaluate past marketing efforts. Together we’ll all brainstorm ideas about things to edit, change or modify. We’re always looking to improve!
- Help think of new and creative ideas to improve and optimize the marketing funnel.
- Occasionally we will attend government conferences in different states…so this means company paid travel, accommodations, meals and a per diem.
No Cold Calling! This is not a conventional sales role. You just need to be a Product Evangelist.
We absolutely do not do cold calling. Nobody likes it, and we don’t believe in it. We also do not need “Closers” in our sales cycle. We just need a bubbly and friendly personality to work as a Product Evangelist and be the “Order Taker.”
Best of all: Our customers can have our software for free! Crazy innit? There is a Federal stimulus program for our customers which covers the cost of the software and its use for the next four years. This is really an easy “sell”.
We need somebody who can prioritize the leads and organize their work week. You would be chatting with potential clients, giving demos for them, hosting weekly webinars, and doing email and phone call follow ups. Each interested lead would have a proposal sent to them. In the government industry it is a no-pressure sales cycle.
You will love working with your new coworkers (we’re all a bunch of characters)
And by “characters” I mean that in the best possible way! Our team is really dynamic. We’re all working together, remotely. As the company owner, I wanted to create and foster an environment that is not-corporate and where we all have an awesome and collaborative environment.
Even though the team is relatively small, I am hand-picking individuals who I think would work great with the rest of the team. Our employees are the most important thing in our company — not the software, not the product, and not our marketing. Read the book “Good to Great” and “Delivering Happiness” if you want to know about the inspiration about my reason for doing it this way. By building an awesome team of individuals, we can accomplish whatever goal we set out to achieve.
Here is a quick overview of the main “cast” on our team:
We have a very dynamic project manager who brings along boundless positive energy and problem-solving capabilities.
We also have a small team of curious and intelligent developers who are extremely capable of solving complex technology problems with their creative energy. These folks are on par with those found working for Silicon Valley startups, but instead they’re working for HeyGov!
Our design team is innovative in the realm of branding, with a great deal of real-world experience in UX/UI. They are perfectly attuned to taking complex ideas and interpreting them into visual designs made for our non-technical end-users.
The company founder is a seasoned business owner who is from Wisconsin who believes he’s crazy to compete against bigger and more well-funded companies from Silicon Valley and NYC.
And last but not least, you! We’re missing a Product Evangelist!
Here are some great benefits that you’d get as part of the HeyGov team
- 20 days of paid time off a year
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- Company laptop and a $1,000 budget to set up your home office (who doesn’t need a company-sponsored Herman Miller chair?!)
- Reimbursement for co-working space membership or internet service at home
- Opportunities to attend training, workshops, and conferences
- Monthly reimbursement for a gym membership, massage, and other wellness services
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair) And more…
We are committed to diversity and being a welcoming environment. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds, heritage, and sexual orientations to apply.
If you’re interested in applying, click the apply now button and complete the form.