California Music 1 week ago
Project Manager/Virtual Office Manager
North America · Part Time
- 🕘 Flexible Hours
- 💡 2-3 Years of Experience
- 🗺 Anywhere in North America
- 📅 Applications Close November 6th
Now Hiring: Remote Project Manager/Virtual Office Manager
California Music is a one-stop audio company. We are two partners based in Venice Beach, CA, and about 15 freelance producers/sound designers who get hired on a project basis and are located mainly in the US and Europe. Our services include music consulting, composition, music production, sound design, Voiceover, and Mix.
CA Music specializes in music for brands that have a high artistic value and identity. We have a long artist history and a big network of A-list composers, artists, singers, and instrumentalists.
Our clients include brands like BMW, Mercedes, Nike, Red Bull, Nike, Audi, and NASA. And advertising agencies like David & Goliath, BBDO, McCann, Serviceplan, Jung von Matt, and Scholz & Friends. You can find our work at www.californiamusic.com.
Our clients and team are located all over the world, so there are no firm hours. We believe in the responsibility of the individuals. There are things that are pressing to hit the deadlines of a campaign and demand an immediate response, but for other non-time-sensitive tasks, you can work on your own schedule whenever you like.
Why We’re Hiring
We are expanding fast and it can be challenging to keep track of all jobs, tasks, and deadlines at the same time. So we need an organized person to bring structure into these processes to make sure the creative team can concentrate on the creative.
Our History and Where We’re Going
California Music started as two composers and musicians producing music for artists and advertising. Now it is growing into an all-around audio company with a team of many composers, sound designers, and engineers. The workload and revenue have doubled in the last year and we are planning on staying on route.
The goal is to create a company that follows Kristian’s and Malte’s (the founders) values of high quality and artistic integrity without them being involved in every step of each project.
We are looking for a Project Manager/Virtual Office Manager to oversee our various projects and work with our advertising clients. You will be reporting to the partners, Kristian and Malte.
Starting date could be as soon as October 15.
The new hire will be trained in the logistics of the job and the general procedure. We’re expecting a supervision phase of 2-3 months until you gradually take more responsibility and be able to operate on your own
California Music’s strong suit is the creative side, but we need a (wo)manpower on the structural side to be able to handle the workload that is increasing.
Working with our advertising partners:
- You’ll be part of each project’s kick-off meeting and will communicate with the agency/production company/ director.
- You’ll request all the necessary info and deadlines of the job, handle the calendar, communicate with and write email reminders to composers/ sound designers/ mixers/ talent to keep deadlines
- You’ll communicate to the agency to request the latest cuts or information.
- You’ll create lists of talent expenses for each individual job, take care of artist releases, register the copyright
- You’ll connect the publisher with the agency for campaign details.
- You’ll archive the project details including estimate, invoice, final movies, stereo mixes and stems, archive track and demos to a library, copyright info, right of usage info
- You’ll track the buyout dates and reach out to the agency when a buyout ran out/ check if the spot is still on air although the buyout ran out.
Day to Day:
- Availability for urgent communication matters between 9 am-5 pm PT
- non-urgent tasks can be done whenever you like, remote working
Projects will include:
- Advertising projects
- Podcast projects
- Record productions
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for someone with 2-3 years of experience managing projects, staying organized, and working within a small remote team.
- Experience in running projects
- Ability to work independently without micromanagement
- Experience with remote teams and how they function
- IT and communication skills, especially with Google Suite
- A passion for lists and organization
- Reliable, responsible, solution-oriented
- Interest in music and culture
- You’re outgoing and have good communication skills
- You don’t mind being challenged by your teams and clients
- You’re a – excusez le cliché – team player who can work independently
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working in music, advertising, or production (film/commercial)
- You have a good understanding of how the advertising industry works
- German language skills
The ideal candidate loves music, film, and art and has a passion for organizing things and streamlining. She/ he is outgoing, good with people, effective, and pleasant to work with even under stress and time pressure. She/ he brings structure and clarity into the sometimes chaotic world of creatives and composers.