FeedBear 3 weeks ago
Rails & Vue.js Developer
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time
- 🕘 Flexible Hours
- 🔑 Work with the Founder
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 💡 3+ Years of Experience
- 💰 $2,000 – $4,000 per month
- 📅 Applications Close October 1st
Now Hiring: Remote Rails & Vue.js Developer
We’re looking for a Ruby on Rails and Vue.js developer to work remotely as part of our remote team (part-time to full-time).
You’ll work on FeedBear, a new product helping startups and product builders. Our goal is to help companies truly listen to their customers and use feedback to build better products. Our application is up and running, two years in development, and is used by hundreds of users.
We’re planning to grow significantly and have an aggressive timeline and roadmap for new features and product improvements.
We’re a fully distributed team of 15 working across different products. We’ve previously built and scaled MobiLoud, an app builder for content sites and MixBloom, a white label social media dashboard for agencies.
About the product
Most product managers and founders will make decisions by either guessing or using their gut. They can get lucky, or waste a lot of time and money building the wrong thing. Startups are also missing out on valuable ideas and insights from customers that could help them unlock new revenue and improve customer retention.
FeedBear creates a community for customers to contribute to and stay involved with product development. A company’s FeedBear project is a single place to collect all ideas and feedback from customers, users and team members. We give them tools to prioritize feedback and understand what customers really want, so they can build the right features, solving an actual problem. We help them keep customers updated on what’s happening to their product by sharing a public roadmap and changelog.
About the role
We’re looking for a full stack developer who enjoys working independently, prefers writing code and getting new features shipped quickly to attending meetings and dealing with company politics. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who’s excited about startups and helping other product builders.
If you’re a skilled Rails developer, have an eye for good design and an interest in user experience, this is for you.
You’ll be working with the company founder and our Product Manager.
You’ll work from wherever you want and you’re free to set your daily schedule, as long as you produce results, we don’t mind when you do so. We communicate mainly with project managing tools, documents, occasionally Slack and Zoom.
Our tech stack is Rails, Postgres, Vue.js and Webpack.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong experience with Rails and Vue.js (3+ years development experience)
- Database management experience and knowledge of Postgres
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Full-stack developer, you can cover frontend design and development
- Experience with GIT and Heroku, AWS
- Independent, you like solving problems on your own but you also know when to ask for help
- Excellent writer and communicator, you’re comfortable communicating asynchronously using tools like Slack and Trello
- Commitment to meet deadlines and deliver above expectations
- Time management skills – you’re on time and communicate promptly
- Self-motivated and positive attitude
What’s in it for you:
- Shape a product used by other product builders
- The opportunity to make a big impact on something new
- Work directly with key decision makers – no bureaucracy
- You’ll be part of a small team of five working on FeedBear
- Work in a casual yet fast paced environment
- Work where and when you want, on your own schedule
- We’ll start with an interview
- We’ll assign you a 1 day test project
If you’re successful and we like working together, we’ll make an offer