Black & White Zebra 2 weeks ago
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Gigs/Projects
- 🕘 Flexible Hours
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 💡 2 Years of Experience
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 📅 Applications close May 7th
Now Hiring: Writer Who Loves Writing About SaaS (Ongoing, Long-Term, High Quality)
We’re looking to build a long-term relationship with a writer who has a balance of editorial strategy knowledge, SEO knowledge, and most of all, a passion for SaaS products and online tools.
Think “Buyer’s Guide” style articles like this.
You’ll be researching, writing, optimizing, and publishing articles across our network of high-quality, niche thought leadership sites produced by the indie digital media publishing team at Black & White Zebra.
You’re a great fit if you…
- Legitimately love writing about online tools. You’re not just “willing to do it”—breaking down features and their use cases, comparing similar tools, and investigating the pros and cons of different SaaS products is actually your thing.
- Think like an editor. You like doing research. You care about the audience, pay attention to the details, and want to write useful articles that help other people understand the tools you’re writing about and how they work.
- Understand on-page SEO and search intent. More important than any technical on-page knowledge, you demonstrate empathy for the searcher and for your audience. You understand how to research their intent. You can uncover what people are searching for. You figure out their pain points and desires and speak to those.
You must have…
- Minimum 1 year experience dedicated to creating SEO-friendly blog content
- Experience using some online tools—project and task management tools, UX and design tools, content production tools, etc.
- Legitimate, innate curiosity about SaaS products
- A sense of empathy; you need to care about helping readers understand the difference between various SaaS products
- Research skills and ability to write thorough, detailed guides
- Adaptable voice and tone (we have a style guide to help)
- The ability to breathe life and inject humor into traditionally dry topics
- Exceptional communication skills
- Solid understanding of content KPIs
- Willingness to promote your articles and potentially help build links to them
- Freelance: 2 years
- Copywriting and editing: 2 years
- SEO writing: 2 years
- Article length: from 800 to 2,000+ words
- Compensation: Competitive with your rate and ability
- Opportunity for bonuses if you build high-quality editorial links to your posts
- You’ll be working in tandem with a multi-disciplinary, friendly team experienced in content production, digital marketing, community building, and SEO
- Flexible workload
- Flexible schedule
- No weekends
- Ongoing & long term work