Black & White Zebra 4 weeks ago
Business Development Manager
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 💡 Entry to Mid-Level
- 🕘 Flexible Schedule
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 📅 Applications close on April 23rd
Now Hiring: Remote Business Development Manager
- Start Date: ASAP
- Job Location: Remote
- Language: English
- Job Length: Ongoing
- Hours Per Week: Full-Time, 40 hours
- Field of Work: Publishing, Business, Arts, Design, Media and Entertainment
About Us/Who We Are
We’re an indie media company that excels at creating exceptional content and training for niche digital communities, for example, take a look at:
We are a small team of 8 based in Canada, supported by a remote team. We got our start in 2011 as The Digital Project Manager blog, founded by our CEO Ben Aston. Since then we’ve grown our team and our website portfolio to 8 niche online communities. We’re ditching the textbook and writing the playbook on how we plan, produce, and publish digital media. We’re serious about being truthful, authentic, and having a good time!
We make serious digital stuff fun, empowering enjoyable learning that develops best practice through articles, community, training, and events.
We’re looking for someone who’ll help take our sales funnel to the next level at Black & White Zebra. This role will be responsible for assisting the development and maintenance of managing both inbound and outbound B2B sales (primarily advertising) inquiries across our niche sites.
Using a combination of traditional sales, account management, and oodles of tools, the business development manager will work directly with our Sales and Account Management Lead to meet revenue goals. By proactively managing new partner accounts and sales, you will contribute directly to the success of our team!
Our goal is to create meaningful relationships with our partners across the board.
This means in the worlds of project management, QA, HR, eCommerce, customer experience, and more. We provide our partners with tremendous value in terms of lead-generation and brand-awareness opportunities to help advertise and promote their Saas Software in front of our authentic, one-of-a-kind audience!
About The Role
You’ll be collaborating closely with our Sales and Account Management leads to create authentic and meaningful relationships with current and potential partners. You’ll work with us to…
- Offer partners/potential partners relevant lead gen and brand awareness offerings
- Handle inbound and outbound conversations via Skype, phone, and email
- Assessing legitimacy and fit for SaaS Tools across sites
- Identify strategic opportunities within our various media kit offerings for current partner upsell and potential partner sales
- Handle and track sales comms in Pipedrive
- Assist sales lead with managing partnerships and daily tasks
- Be bold – tell us what we should be doing differently, and put it into action!
Who You Are
- A people person with exceptional communication skills
- You are energetic, enthusiastic and enjoy working in a lively yet professional environment
- Self-motivated, self-driven, and self-starter
- Good time-management skills
- Good understanding of sales KPIs
- Receptive to training (quick learner, adapt to new process and tools in a short period of time)
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
Nice to haves
- Customer service experience
- Experiencing working with WordPress
- Experience with Pipedrive, Airtable, and Slack
- Freelance: 2 years (Required)
- B2B sales experience: 1-2 years (Required)
- Account Management experience: 1-2 years (Preferred)
- WordPress Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
How To Apply
Please click on the button below and fill out the application form. Thank you in advance for your effort and interest!