Tough Outfitters 1 month ago
Senior Business Analyst
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time
- ⚕️ Healthcare
- 🏖️ 3 Weeks PTO
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🔑 Work with the CEO
- 🚀 High Growth Potential
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 📅 Applications Close on Jan 20
Now Hiring: Remote Senior Business Analyst
We’re a rapidly growing outdoor sporting goods and clothing company. We design, manufacture, market and sell our own brands on Amazon.com. We are a market leader in many product categories such as sleeping bags, cots, ski gloves, ski goggles, running gloves, stand up paddles, surfing accessories, headwear and more.
Company mission: we want to make the outdoors accessible to all
- Ownership: owning projects from start to finish & ensuring high-quality, accurate deliverables
- Accountability: doing what you said you’ll do. Not over-promising and under-delivering.
- Proactivity: (1) identifying problems/issues as early as possible and (2) solving them independently or suggesting solutions first.
As our Senior Business Analyst, you will need to have the ability to view the business from 10,000 feet all the way down to 10 feet. Through data and analytics, you’ll be integral to identifying our strengths and weaknesses in order to provide insights on opportunities for us to effectively manage and take the business to the next level.
Traits necessary for this role:
- Extremely analytical, data-driven and quantitative
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in website, eCommerce and/or PPC analytics
- Familiarity with visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau, Orange, Google Data Studio, etc.
- An Excel Expert
- Experience with Python and/or SQL a plus
- Experience at a multi-million dollar revenue business
- Insanely attentive to detail
- Understands the bigger picture
- Motivated, curious, eager to learn and take on more responsibility
What you’ll be doing:
Profitability Reporting, Analyses and Recommendations:
- Product Segmentation: With ~150 products and ~1000 SKUs (includes color, size, quantity variations), we need to know how to prioritize work across them. How profitable is each product? Is it growing, stable or declining? We shouldn’t put the same amount of time and effort into a declining product as we would into our best seller. All of this will inform a product segmentation, which will help the Sales & Marketing and Creative teams prioritize work.
- Weekly Reporting & Analyses: which products were up W/W and Y/Y? Which ones were down? We need to more closely track our impressions (visits to our product pages) and conversion rates (% of people who visit and then buy).
- Staying in stock: we must ensure we stay in stock, especially of our bestsellers. Our lead time is typically 2-6 months depending on the supplier and time of year.
- Minimizing storage fees: Amazon and our 3PLs charge us for monthly storage. Amazon charges on a monthly per unit volume basis, with a higher fee in Q4, while our 3PLs charge us on a monthly per-pallet basis. We’d like to minimize storage fees, which often means keeping more inventory at our 3PLs than Amazon. However, we must balance this with inbound transportation costs to Amazon — think LTL, FTL or UPS Ground — and also inventory receiving times at Amazon. (For more on Amazon storage fees, please see https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html?itemID=200612770)
- Minimizing Amazon long-term storage fees: Amazon fines us monthly for all units that have been at Amazon for over 12 months based on their volume (see https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html?itemID=200684750&language=en-US)
- FYI we use OrderHive as an inventory management system across our suppliers, Amazon and our 3PLs. We also use Inventory-Planner.com and Sellerboard for sales analytics and inventory forecasting.
- Ensuring we have at least 3-6 months of stock of our inventory between Amazon and our 3PLs
- Analyzing our weekly movers and shakers (top growers/decliners) to detect shifts in COVID-related demand. COVID has changed consumer purchasing behaviors, so as we go into our first winter with COVID, we must be on the lookout for products that increase or decrease drastically Y/Y in sales. For those products that increase, we’ll see if we can place a reorder to restock. For those that dramatically decrease, we know we must start discounting very early in the season to move through all our inventory.
- Ordering: how much do we need to order to have cover for the next 6 months? When should we place these orders? We work with 20 suppliers in different areas of China
Other Projects: there’s plenty of room to grow and learn at this company (only after you’ve mastered everything above):
- Building a marketing calendar based on product seasonality and overstock: based on our inventory levels and historical seasonality, we can promote products through deal sites like Woot.com
Your Experience at the Company:
- You will work very closely with the CEO of the company, a Stanford grad and former Googler
- You must be okay with morning or late evening calls to talk with the team in the Philippines, our teammates in the UK and US East Coast
- You will meet with your teammates 4 times per year in the Philippines (to be resumed post-pandemic), all expenses paid.
- Here’s our company structure: you will join a fellow Business Analyst
- Creative team (5): graphic design, product/packaging design, photo shoots, video shoot speccing
- Sales & Marketing (5): listing optimization, keyword research, PPC advertising, display advertising, copywriting, SEO partnerships
- Branding & Marketing (1): high-level branding, guidance on product listings
- Customer Happiness (3): customer support, handwritten letters to customers
- Development (2): automating processes, scraping data, providing data-driven insights
- Business Analyst (1): sales analysis, inventory management
- Manufacturing/QC (2): sourcing, manufacturing, quality control, vendor management, logistics
- Employer-reimbursed health insurance
- 21 days paid time off
- Remote work, no commute: work from the comfort of your home, local coffee shop or resort.
- Fast, reliable internet is an absolute must.
If you’re interested in this job, please send us the following information:
- Your experiences (written, video, audio) about how your past experiences have prepared you for the responsibilities of this job
- Your favorite business books and podcasts
- Resume including 3-5 references
- Your current salary and what you’d like to make at your next role
Think this could be for you? We can’t wait to hear from you and see your application!
Have you created your Dynamite Profile yet? If not, Create one here.
Don’t forget to say:
“I found this great opportunity at Dynamite Jobs”
It helps us add more than 300+ new remote jobs each week.