Netlify 2 weeks ago
Senior Corporate Accountant
North America · Full Time
- ✈️ Company Retreats
- 📚 Continued Learning
- 💡 4+ Years of Experience
- 🗺 Anywhere in the United States
Now Hiring: Remote Senior Corporate Accountant
At Netlify, we’re building a platform to empower digital designers and developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We’re aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 2,000,000 developers worldwide.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~40% woman or non-binary and are composed of 29 different nationalities.
Our most recent fundraise was $63M in Series C to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This latest round brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $107M to date. Among our investors are Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, EQT Ventures as well as the founders of GtHub, Slack, Figma and Yelp.
About the Opportunity
Netlify is looking to hire an exceptional Senior Accountant to help build a world-class finance & accounting team! Due to the need for close collaboration with internal team members we are looking to hire in the US at this time. This will be a foundational role that will help scale the company and set the company’s accounting department for success in the future.
What are we looking for
- Help own the accounting function including but not limited to month-end close, financial statement preparation, billing review, tax filings, billing, and software maintenance
- Support in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of accounting software such as Avalara, Netsuite, Airbase, Zuora and more
- Review JE’s, completeness of accruals, and other accounts as part of month-end close
- Analyze and be able to present on month-end flux and budget vs. actual
- Work closely with the rest of the team in managing month-end, quarter-end and annual close processes
- Partner cross-functionally to make improvements across all accounting process (automating reconciliations, report preparation, and reviewing accounting transactions)
- Assist in the administration of financial operations software (Airbase, TripActions, Netsuite, Zuora, QuickBooks, Braintree, etc.)
- Draft and propose accounting policies and procedures to help scale company
- Help analyze new and existing transactions to continue making sure we are US GAAP compliant
- This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a role that is both operational, but also strategic and technical! We are constantly thinking about how to shape and set goals for the accounting/finance functions.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or in Finance
- CPA certification preferred
- Minimum 4+ years of experience with preferably a mix of public practice and operational accounting
- Proficiency with systems such as QBO, Netsuite, AP software, and advanced knowledge of MS Excel using large datasets
- Some tax compliance experience in state filings
- Excited to implement new systems and help scale both the company and department
- Zuora system experience is strongly preferred.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to research discrepancies and solve problems
- Strong communication skills to be able to present to other business partners across the company.