Phaidra 2 weeks ago
Senior Frontend Engineer
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time
- ⚕️ Healthcare
- 🗣 Fluent English
- ✈️ Company Retreats
- 💻 Home Office Stipend
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 💡 6+ Years of Experience
- 💰 Competitive Salary & Perks
- 📅 Applications Close October 9th
Now Hiring: Remote Senior Frontend Engineer
- We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer with 6+ years of experience!
- Phaidra is building the future of industrial automation. We create hyper-intelligent and configurable control systems for the industrial sector, using AI as the core enabling technology.
- Come join Phaidra and lead our front-end development. Define our framework and processes while working with product designers and backend engineers.
About Us/Who We Are
Phaidra is building the future of industrial automation. We create hyper-intelligent and configurable control systems for the industrial sector, using AI as the core enabling technology. Specifically:
- The intelligence is provided by reinforcement learning algorithms, which convert raw sensor data into high-value actions and decisions.
- We focus on industrial applications, which tend to be well-sensorized with measurable KPIs — perfect for reinforcement learning.
- We enable domain experts (our users) to configure the AI control systems (i.e. agents) without writing code. They define what they want their AI agents to do, and we do it for them.
We have 20 employees at this time, from the US West Coast and India, and a bunch of places in-between.
We are a results-based company, and your schedule is completely up to you. We do try to meet for 1-2 hours a day synchronously, depending on the team.
About the Role
We are needing someone to come in and lead our frontend efforts for our product immediately! This job is super important to link our customers to our system.
You will be working with Engineering and AI Research departments and reporting to our Head of Engineering.
We are a documentation-first company and use Notion for our living documents, and we use Slack and Google Meet to collaborate with one another.
Who You Are
If you’re someone who thinks “let’s figure this out / we can solve this”, who loves working in a collaborative and fun(!!) environment, who is a natural leader and who can hit the ground running, we want to hear from you!
- 6+ years of work experience.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in CSS3 (preferably with a pre-processing framework like SASS) & HTML5.
- Experience using RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs.
- Experience with modern front-end build tools and pipelines.
- Knowledge of best-practices and architectural patterns for modern front-end applications.
- Knowledge of User Experience and Visual Design concepts.
- Fluent in English.
- Share our company values: curiosity, ownership, transparency & directness, outcome-based performance, and customer empathy.
You can work from anywhere in the world! Travel is not required for this role.
We cannot sponsor USA H1B visas at this time.
Nice to Have:
- Multiple years of experience using an SPA framework.
- Prior experience as a Frontend Tech Lead building B2B enterprise Saas products.
- Multiple instances of leading and owning projects from beginning to end.
- Strong critical thinking skills, great communication skills, and passion for delivering exceptional customer experience.
The application process takes approximately 2 weeks from CV submission to offer. It will include interviews with Head of HR, Head of Engineering, CTO, and our other 2 co-founders (CEO and COO). There will also be one project to test frontend skills.
What’s in it for you?
Full-time salaried employee with competitive compensation and early equity.
Benefits are based on location. We cover 100% of employee health premiums, and 50% of dependent premiums. US-based employees are offered Blue Cross PPO, Delta Dental, and VSP. Non-US employees are offered SafetyWing Remote Health through our EOR.
US$1,000 home office setup allocation.
Yearly Summit to meet all of us cool people in person!