800.com 4 days ago
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
North America · Full Time
- 📈 401K Plan
- 🏖️ Flexible Vacation
- 💸 $350 Referral Bonus
- 💻 Co-Working Stipend
- 💡 7+ Years of Experience
- 💰 Competitive Salary & Perks
- 🗺 Anywhere in the United States
*Get Paid: If you recommend this job to the person that gets hired, we will give you a $350 referral bonus! How will we contact you about giving you your bonus? Tell your referral to list your name and/or email in the “How did you hear about this job?” question. Once they’re hired, we’ll make sure you get paid.
Now Hiring: Remote Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
At 800.com, we’re building an intuitive & powerful cloud communications platform for SMB & Enterprises to communicate via Voice & SMS.
We’re looking for an experienced full-time Software Engineer to join our engineering team. Someone who has a solid understanding of web technologies and wants to help design, implement, launch, and scale major systems and user-facing features.
You should have senior-level experience (~7 years) building modern back-end systems, with at least 5 years of that experience using PHP, and ~3-years using Laravel.
You also have around five years of experience using MySQL, Redis, or similar data stores. You have significant experience designing, scaling, debugging, and optimizing systems to make them fast and reliable. You have experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you’re supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
You are based in the United States.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience with PHP development (Laravel, Symfony, WordPress)
- You have 1-3 years of React knowledge and experience
- Strong knowledge of SQL (writing and optimizing queries)
- Experience with REST, XML, JSON, etc.
- Version control using git on Bitbucket
- Familiarity with Agile best practices
- Able to solve problems in a simple, neat, and organized way
- Experience working in an agile environment, scoping and road-mapping, and self-management
- Knowledge of web performance and speed/memory optimization techniques
Bonus Required Skills & Experience
- Understanding of test-driven development and testing in general
- Experience in GraphQL and/or “Headless” CMS development
- API design experience for frontend or server-to-server
- Basic understanding of web servers, SSL, deployments, and continuous integration
- Worked with a QA team before or familiarity with QA/release workflows
Come help us with projects like
- Conceiving, designing, building, and launching new user-facing features
- Improving our vanity phone number algorithm to secure the best matching phone numbers for customers
- Innovating on business texting to include; auto-reply, scheduled messages, dynamic templates, keyword triggers, and reporting
- Working with Twilio’s API, Bandwidth API, WebSockets, and WebRTC to improve our calling features
- Building user-facing analytics features that provide actionable insights
- Improving our internal messaging infrastructure using streaming technologies like Redis
- Building new and enhancing existing integrations with other SaaS platforms like Google’s G Suite, Zapier, and Web Conferencing providers
- 100% remote (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation plan (includes company-wide winter holiday break)
- $200/month co-working stipend
- 401k matching at 4% (US residents)
Dependent care FSA (US residents)
800.com asks respectfully to only apply through the application form and do not email/apply directly to 800.com. Any applications sent directly to 800.com will not be considered. Recruiters and Agencies please do not contact 800.com directly.