Red Pine Digital 1 week ago
Paid Traffic Strategist
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time
- 💸 $350 Receive a Referral Bonus 💸*
- 🧨 Staff Pick
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 📚 Continuous Learning
- 🚀 High Growth Potential
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 🔑 Work with the Founder
- 💡 3-5 Years of Experience
*Get Paid: If you recommend this job to the person that gets hired, we will give you a $350 referral bonus! How will we contact you about giving you your bonus? Tell your referral to list your name and/or email in the “How did you hear about this job?” question. Once they’re hired, we’ll make sure you get paid.
Now Hiring: Remote Paid Traffic Strategist
- Full time, remote work opportunity that requires overlap from 8 am-12 pm ET
- Salary $3,000-$4,000/mo depending on experience with the possibility of revenue-share in the future.
- Report to the owner, be a key decision-maker, and have a hand in growing client businesses
- Expand your skill set by becoming an expert in paid ads for SaaS.
Do you love to drive results by troubleshooting problems and providing strategic solutions to clients?
Do you value the opportunity to have several businesses as a way to get data for marketing experiments faster?
Does building relationships with your clients bring you energy? Does it light you up when they tell you how helpful your insights are (even for things outside of the scope of work)?
This is the opportunity for you.
We are looking for a growth-oriented Facebook Ads Strategist to join our team in working directly with clients to grow their ad accounts by providing strategic analysis of what’s working, what’s not, and implementing action plans.
About Us & Origin Story
My name is Bunty SomRoy, the owner and head marketing strategist of Red Pine Digital.
For this reason, I’m going to cover not just the business but give you an inside peek of my own background.
I have been based in Canggu, Bali over the last few years and Chiang Mai, Thailand prior. Originally from Washington, D.C.
I never had a professional career in America. I worked primarily in retail and in seasonal jobs working at ski resorts and bike shops between Colorado and California.
I pursued the path of entrepreneurship after processing some existential issues I was dealing with in 2015 and made the decision to learn what running a business was all about.
Enter the Dynamite Circle and DCBKK – their annual conference in Bangkok, TH. I came as a volunteer in 2016 after purchasing a one-way ticket to Asia and never looked back.
From that point, I dedicated my efforts to be of service to anyone that needs problems solved in their business to learn and develop my skills.
I found a few opportunities doing landing pages, CRO, and 1 small FB ad gig before working as an official marketing manager for 1 DCer who was launching a membership site.
In 2018, I left that job and started freelancing again by focusing on solely FB ads.
After a lot of pivots, I settled into B2B SaaS. Pretty soon after successfully getting results with FB ads for SaaS companies, my clients asked about Google Ads.
So I brought on a partner who leads strategy on Google & YouTube ads.
Fast forward to the time of writing this job post, we are managing over $100k/mo in ad spend across our clients. It may not sound like a lot compared to other agencies, but every $ counts for our SaaS clients who mostly consist of bootstrapped founders.
I’ve brought on a few junior media buyers to grow the FB ad accounts on a day-to-day and my role has shifted to the head strategist that our clients and team rely on as the go-to expert. I find myself giving the same level of insight to SaaS founders as they would receive from a CMO. Once we agree on the strategy, I take the plan to our media buyers and make sure it gets done.
This last part is what I’m looking for in this role to replace myself in.
Knowing that someone is taking care of our clients and their ad accounts are moving forward will allow me to focus on bringing in more clients, driving the growth of our business.
The team is fully remote spanning across Europe to New Zealand with clients primarily in North America.
Our Core Messages and Values
- Obsessed with serving others and getting measurable results
- Always be learning
- Without growth, there is only atrophy
- Imperfect action over inaction
- Advertising is a game of failure; we welcome the first 99 failures in order to find the 1st win.
- You’ve managed large single-account monthly budgets of $10,000+ for B2B clients with Facebook Ads for info-products, affiliate products, high-ticket consulting, or SaaS in the US/CAN markets.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience managing multiple FB ad accounts and clients simultaneously.
- You have some experience working as a consultant that trains individual owners or marketers on how to run ads themselves.
- You have some experience with all parts of funnel strategy; copywriting, landing page building, and CRO methodologies.
- You know how to identify what offer is best for where a person is in the funnel.
- Your clients have told you that the results you bring play a big part in their companies.
- You have some experience presenting in front of 2-3 person groups on live video calls or hosted workshops/talks/skillshare.
- You have experience working with Google Ads. Maybe also YouTube and LinkedIn ads (those are plusses).
- You often work with juniors or assistants to support you in execution. Maybe you’ve gone to Fiverr or Upwork to find support and you successfully managed them for deliverables that you were ultimately responsible for.
- You can communicate your ideas very well in written and spoken English.
- You love learning and seek every opportunity to grow.
- You often find yourself going into the research rabbit role about a new interest or hobby.
- You stay on top of marketing trends and innovative tech through private/niche communities, conferences, or books.
- You know a few marketing gurus or courses that you’d recommend to a peer who wanted to level up their skills to match yours.
- You sometimes learn about marketing in your off-time just to expand your skill set or because you’re genuinely interested.
- You’re very organized, analytical, and detailed-oriented often using productivity or project management tools to stay organized not just for work but in your personal life.
- You’re SO detailed-oriented that focusing on the details might sometimes be to your detriment by getting tunnel-vision or losing sight of the big picture.
- You might get annoyed if something is inefficiently done, knowing you could do it better.
- You notice outliers in a set of data or just generally when things “stick out.”
The mission of the Senior Paid Traffic Strategist is to replace my current role as the go-to expert for our clients and team members to make sure the accounts are growing and our client needs are met.
The Senior Paid Traffic Strategist role demands an individual with exceptional strategic, analytics, organizational, communication, and interpersonal qualities.
You must have already demonstrated success in managing FB Ad campaigns for clients scaling media spend up to $10K/month in B2B verticals for info-products, affiliate marketing, high-ticket consulting, or SaaS, using techniques like lead magnets, webinar funnels, tripwire products, etc.
This individual is responsible for being the B2B SaaS Subject Matter Expert that both our clients and team look to for guidance, including aspects of strategy, planning, management, optimization, and reporting.
Client and team meetings are generally held between 8 am to 12 pm EDT, which you’ll need to be available for.
While this role will require who can hit the ground running, you’ll be brought up to speed with the intricacies of SaaS so you can “speak the language” with our clients.
Some things that you’ll probably need to learn right from the get-go:
- What success metrics SaaS companies look for (hint: not ROI/ROAS).
- How to evaluate when to look at front-end metrics (like leads or trials) as opposed to back-end metrics (paid subscriptions).
- How to implement conversion goals with the API (when onboarding new clients).
- How we work with client developers to track other key metrics (when onboarding new clients).
Once there is a long-term fit and you know how to improve the business as a whole, we can explore revenue-sharing opportunities in addition to base salary.
Most Recent Projects
Here are some projects that I tackled myself over the last few months that you would be responsible for if these scenarios occurred in the future.
- Figure out how the iOS 14 rollout affects our clients by creating documentation to walk them through domain verification and implementing the conversion API.
- Rebuild our custom reporting dashboard to pull data in for 28-day click attribution since FB’s default attribution changed to a 7-day click and 1-day view
- A client is going through a rebrand. We had to make sure their new messaging is well thought out so we can adapt our messaging to reflect the new brand guidelines.
- A client’s software is rolling out new features. They provided us the new website copy and I instructed our FB & Google ads team to get new ad creative ready for this launch.
- Come up with a new experiment to see how cold traffic directly to a low-ticket tripwire product funnel would compare against ads directly to the free trial offer.
- Show our media buyers how to set up a campaign to retarget traffic based on specific UTM parameters.
- A client broke the tracking for a lead magnet that we were driving traffic to. The media buyer on that account didn’t catch it. After a week, I did a spot-check and found this out. I showed them how to identify the problem for the future.
- A client ad account was disabled. I immediately filed an appeal, identified what caused it, instructed the client, and told the media buyer how to avoid this.
- Asked our FB & Google ads teams to provide a Q1 report for our client and then presented both findings over a call. Asked to double budget (and was granted) because of success.
- A client asked for the list of experiments and their results we had done recently. I told the client this will take a few days and then put in the request to our FB & Google ads teams.
- Build trust and authority by demonstrating strategic knowledge and presenting insights on client strategy calls.
- Grow each account by leading the strategy and providing an action plan to media buyers.
- Managing media buyers by providing training, accountability, feedback, and performance reviews.
What’s in it for you?
Aside from the hard skills, you’ll learn from serving SaaS clients, you’ll also…
- Have a direct say in how the growth and vision of the agency evolves.
- Have opportunities to develop and improve agency processes and systems.
- Have autonomy in the role where your decisions/actions have an impact across the business
- Work when and where you want to as long as clients are served.
- Receive access to premium courses, software tools, and training valued over $10,000.
- Check the company inbox to process client requests
- Follow up with clients to get any deliverables we asked them for
- Send updates for campaign results or communicate problems/roadblocks
- Analyze ad accounts to determine what’s working and what’s not
- Convey feedback to media buyers through loom videos, slack, asana, and zoom video calls
- Coordinate with media buyers to create a comprehensive monthly report for clients
- Conduct live video zoom calls with clients going beyond the report/numbers
- Identify future opportunities and initiatives for clients to implement
- Create an ad account audit for new prospects who want to work with us
- Convey the plan from the client call is conveyed to the media buyers
- Come up with new campaign ideas and create briefs for media buyers
- Ensure projects stay on track and the plan was received accurately
- Conduct 1-on-1s with media buyers to ensure our goals are still aligned
- Improve agency processes, SOPs, and documentation
- Tell clients what they need to provide us to win: new lead magnets, webinars, offers, etc
- Offer beyond-the-click insights that aren’t in our scope to implement but will help the client achieve the end result
- Convey forecasted scalability – how high can we go in adspend while maintaining or beating KPIs?
- Make sure that we are on pace to hit their yearly goal
- Identify when it’s a good time for clients to expand into other marketing channels
- Conduct performance reviews for media buyers
- Provide training materials and guidance to media buyers to develop their skillset
- Drive new ideas and techniques we can use for clients
- Contribute to the creation of new SOPs and processes to ensure a consistently high level of results for our clients
What wins for this role look like
- Client calls are done without oversight.
- Client inquiries always attended to in a timely manner.
- All ad accounts are moving forward on a day-to-day basis without oversight.
Training & Growth
Your professional and career growth is as important to us as it is to you. You will be provided access to a combination of books, courses, and paid communities.
Some resources that you’ll be required to take as on-the-job training/growth:
- Ready, Fire, Aim – Michael Masterson [Business]
- First Break All The Rules – Marcus Buckingham [Management]
- High Output Management – Andrew Grove [Management]
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing – Perry Marshall [Marketing]
- Dotcom/Traffic/Expert Secrets – Russell Brunson [Marketing]
- Paid Traffic Mastery – DigitalMarketer [Marketing]
- Perpetual Traffic Podcast – Ralph Burns & Molly Pitman [Marketing]
This role isn’t a fit for you if…
- You don’t live and breathe marketing.
- You have difficulty communicating strategic initiatives over live video calls.
- You prefer structured environments.
- You prefer to be told what to do and when to do it.
- You don’t use some sort of organizational tool to hold yourself accountable.
We have a multi-part hiring process:
- Submit application
- Invited to a video interview with the hiring manager
- Skills assessment
- Invited to a video interview with me
- 1 month paid trial period on a part-time basis (10-20 hours/week based on your availability).
- Official offer