Powered by Search 1 month ago
Senior SEO Strategist
North America · Full Time
- 🧨 Staff Pick
- 💡 2 Years of Experience
- 🌴 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 💰 Competitive Salary & Perks
- 🗺 Anywhere in North America
- 📅 Applications Close April 15th
- 🎓 Paid training (School, Events, Conferences)
Wanted: Senior Technical SEO Strategists (Remote First Position)
Do you want to work with David instead of Goliath? Are you an entrepreneur in a marketer’s body? Would rather come to work excited every single day?
Does the idea of working in a company with a team of true believers, obsessively results-focused, open-minded action takers, and people who are always in it to win it, excite you?
- Are fascinated and have shown demonstrated results with organic search strategy & implementation.
- Figure out how to fix the problem instead of who to blame.
- Take 100% accountability for your wins and losses. You paid for your own stuff as a teenager.
- Command authority naturally and have a track record of reducing pressure, noise, and overwhelm.
- Say what you’re thinking and are objective with your feedback.
- Have a career history of success, working in the trenches, and delivering WOW results for your team and clients consistently.
- We believe that the internet holds new possibilities for people and their companies.
- Work to pioneer and uplift the standard of digital marketing and advertising we all experience.
- Care more about your values and intelligence than your experience.
- Are committed to creating a team dynamic that creates empowerment rather than entitlement.
- Are one of the few independent digital strategy agencies globally with deep subject matter expertise in SaaS Marketing including being a Google Premier Partner, Facebook PRO Marketing Partner, Microsoft Ads Premier Partner, and Hubspot Gold Partner.
- We really care about our team. We’re rated 4.6/5 Glassdoor Rating with a 96% approval rating
Our Core Values
- Give a Sh!t
- Always Be in It To Win It
- Be Obsessed with Serving Others
- Practice a Growth Mindset
- When We Fail, We Don’t Lose the Lesson
The mission of the Senior SEO Strategist is to support and protect the Director of SEO to achieve the company’s goals and gain more momentum by delivering WOW results for our clients.
The Senior SEO Strategist role demands an individual with exceptional strategic, analytics, organizational, communication, and interpersonal qualities.
They must have already demonstrated success in delivering exceptional SEO performance for large, complex websites (more than 10,000 pages), and experience working with Fortune-1000 clients.
This individual is responsible for being the Subject Matter Expert for a portfolio of client accounts, including aspects of strategy, planning, management, optimization, and reporting.
A Day in the Life
Imagine for a moment…
You wake up in the morning.
Your commute is 45 seconds.
You brew great coffee or tea and then hop on Basecamp and share the 3 key outcomes you’ll be achieving (meaning today). Your co-workers are all on video for your daily huddle.
You might find yourself collaborating with an SEO Strategist or talking about a Google Ads campaign with our Director of Paid Media. Then it’s on to collaborating with great clients on a live video zoom call where you share progress and performance.
Reporting to the Director of SEO, you will be expected to:
- Drive >10% organic traffic growth across all clients on a quarterly basis by executing, developing and innovating on Powered by Search’s SEO systems.
- Drive >5% organic conversion growth across all clients on a quarterly basis by executing, developing and innovating on Powered by Search’s SEO systems.
- Drive >15% organic ranking increases across all clients on a quarterly basis by executing, developing and innovating on Powered by Search’s SEO systems.
- Deliverables are consistently on time, high quality, and aligned to client goals.
This role isn’t a fit for you if…
- You have difficulty thinking strategically, and cannot communicate your ideas with ease.
- You aren’t able to interpret data critically and craft a story around it.
- You aren’t a self-starter who is resourceful and finds solutions to problems independently.
- You are fast-paced, but miss details because you think it’s better to get it done than to get it right.
- You get overwhelmed easily when handling multiple objectives simultaneously under tight timelines.
- You feel restricted and cannot thrive when working within a system of existing standards.
- You feel like you’re always fighting fires and cannot get the time and focus to create strategic outcomes.
You’ll know you are right for this amazing opportunity if you have
- At least 2 years of experience managing organic search efforts for Fortune-1000 websites.
- Demonstrated ability to drive maximum organic and local search performance including Technical SEO, Content Marketing, and Digital PR.
- Experience managing SEO for large websites on CMS’ such as WordPress, Adobe Experience Manager, Shopify and server architectures such as Apache, Nginx and IIS.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and call tracking platforms.
- Highly skilled with custom analytics reporting, .htaccess file management, website crawling, content optimization, local listings management, schema markup, mobile SEO, and more.
- Experience with highly advanced and complex SEO projects including enterprise website migrations, international SEO, and dynamic content serving.
Some competencies you’ll need to have
- Digital Marketing Fundamentals: You have a deep understanding and applied knowledge in all areas of SEO, including Technical SEO, On-Page, Content Marketing, and Off-Page. You are certified in Google Analytics. Google Ads certification is an asset.
- Critical Thinking: You are able to expertly craft actionable and impactful strategies for your role and your clients. Everything you do have a force-multiplier effect.
- Project Management: Large and complex projects are kept organized, within scope, and on-time. You are able to proactively resolve project risks and expertly handle objections.
- Reporting & Analytics: You are able to create advanced custom reports and dashboards in Google Analytics & Adobe Analytics. You are adept at using RegEx, APIs, and scripting to suit any customized reporting needs that come your way.
- Communication: You are able to communicate complex data in a simple manner and craft a story around it to lead to business insights. You have strong presentation skills and are comfortable speaking in front of small audiences.
Why You’ll Want to Work Here
We earn our talent. This role will give you the opportunity to maximize:
- Fit — We will over-communicate fit through feedback and alignment with where the company is going, and share exactly how you are helping improve the bottom line.
- Family — We know family is important and will be flexible so you can be present and live a well-integrated life.
- Freedom — We will give you ample freedom to make decisions, and will not micromanage you.
- Fortune — If you accomplish your objectives, you will grow in compensation and responsibility over the next five years.
- Fun — We like to have a lot of fun around here. We think you will find this is a culture you will really enjoy.
We walk our talk.
We really care about our team. We’re rated 4.6/5 on Glassdoor with a 96% approval rating.
We don’t tolerate mediocrity. The only way we know is to always be in it to win it.
If you thrive in a “work hard, play hard” environment, then you’ll love working at Powered by Search.
Perks & Benefits
- This role is Fully Remote (must be able to work with 9am-5pm EST overlap hours)
- We offer competitive compensation and quarterly bonuses
- You do not need to become a manager in the company to move up in compensation and role/title.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and eye care
- Flexible Hours
- 5 Weeks paid time off (for everyone!)
- Casual dress code
- Paid training (school, events, conferences)
Unless you are a proven SEO Expert, this isn’t going to be the right role for you.