10up 4 weeks ago
Senior Web Engineer
Europe, North America, South America · Full Time
- 🌴 Onsite Summits
- 👪 Paid Parental Leave
- 💻 Equipment Allowance
- 🕘 Flexible Work Schedule
- 🏖️ Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 📈 401k with Company Matching
- 📅 Applications close on April 24th
- 🏥 Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 💼 Professional Development Stipend
- 🗺 Africa, Europe, North or South America
Now Hiring: Remote Senior Web Engineer
In addition to Senior Web Engineers being advanced in the skills of their discipline, they are also effective consultants and collaborators. They know how to balance a client’s needs, budget, and requirements. With knowledge of cutting-edge techniques and an understanding of the constraints of scope and budget, a Senior employee knows the possible ways to move forward and is able to select an appropriate technical approach for each client. A Senior Web Engineer is also expected to be a good communicator. They are skilled at providing actionable feedback and recommendations both internally to managers/teammates and externally to clients/vendors. Senior Web Engineers deliver successful projects by writing quality code, participating in important strategy conversations, and assisting with code reviews.
- Develop complex WordPress plugins and/or themes primarily using PHP.
- Mentor engineers and provide code reviews.
- Drive strategy and lead back-end technical vision for large projects.
- Leverage WordPress APIs and extend the WordPress admin experience.
- Solve complex problems in simple ways.
- Solve bugs and address client issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Juggle current projects with incoming tasks.
- Respond directly to clients courteously and clearly.
- Solve client challenges with understanding and empathy.
- Test solutions across multiple browsers and platforms in a local testing environment.
- Deploy changes to live servers.
- Assist in the remediation, enhancement, and maintenance of client sites.
- At least five years experience in back-end-focused web development.
- Ability to expertly debug performance and caching issues.
- Code portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account, upload a .zip, or both.
- Experience using Git.
- Ability to set up a local environment for testing PHP code.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
10up has been making the web better by finely crafting websites and tools for content creators since 2011. With ~200 experts in digital strategy and management, software engineering, user experience, and interactive design, cloud infrastructure, and audience and revenue optimization; we’re big enough to conquer any challenge and small enough to care. 10up is committed to the idea of a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming anyone and everyone who shares and lives our core business values. We look forward to connecting with you!