Parallel Capital 1 week ago
Software Engineer (Cryptocurrency Trading)
Asia · Full Time
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🗺 Anywhere in Asia
- 💰 $100k USD per year
- 🚀 High Growth Potential
- 💡 3+ Years of Experience
- 🔑 Work with the Founders
- 📅 Applications Close May 1st
Now Hiring: Remote Software Engineer (Cryptocurrency Trading)
Parallel Capital is an algorithmic, high-frequency proprietary trading firm that specializes in providing liquidity within the cryptocurrency markets.
We’re a small team but a major (though under-the-radar) player in the cryptocurrency market-making ecosystem, founded by industry veterans from both Wall Street and Silicon Valley in a melding of finance and tech. With over 35+ years of combined experience, we profitably trade 11+ figures USD per month, outperforming much larger and better-funded teams, and we are expanding rapidly.
We value constant learning, continuous improvement, fast iteration, and relentless resourcefulness. We focus on results, not effort. We embrace the sharing of ideas with an open mind and engage in healthy debate to evaluate them from first principles – there are no sacred cows!
Role and Responsibilities
We’re seeking an experienced Python 3 engineer to join the team to help continue building out our trading infrastructure and algorithms to expand to more strategies and markets.
No prior cryptocurrency or finance knowledge is required, as we are happy to provide education and training in those areas but a strong engineering background is absolutely essential for success in this role and an interest in these fields is highly recommended.
Tasks you might encounter include:
- Helping to integrate with new exchanges, both through their REST API for order placement and cancellation as well as through Websocket connections for streaming order book data and account updates.
- Performance profiling of components to identify bottlenecks and coming up with improvements to reduce latency.
- Collecting market data and converting it to a unified format to feed into algorithms.
- Building tools to expose algorithmic data to traders for real-time monitoring.
- Revamping existing algorithmic strategies based on trade analysis data.
We deeply believe in an iterative process when developing software and as a result, we expect a tight feedback loop – frequent communication, asking questions when there are any uncertainties or tradeoffs to be made, and front footing anything unexpected are all strongly encouraged and highly valued.
- Deep familiarity with modern software engineering lifecycle management. (git, Github Flow, Pull Request oriented code reviews, Agile Scrum/Kanban, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of modern software engineering best practices to deliver well-architected, maintainable, and bug-free code (DRY, Single Responsibility Principle, state management, dependency injection, refactoring, unit tests, importance of readability of code and documentation in maintenance)
- Experience with Python’s idiosyncrasies being a dynamically typed single-threaded high-level interpreted programming language, particularly around coroutines and interprocess communication.
- Intense attention to detail
- Curiosity, both in general as well as to identify the root cause of problems
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good judgment to continuously balance business requirements, trading risk, and technical effort/complexity, with the ability to consider and explain the tradeoff
- Takes pride in ownership
- Self-directed and motivated
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar
- Familiarity with running time analysis (Big O notation)
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of experience with Python 3.x, ideally with async coroutines
- Experience working in low latency environments, including performance profiling
We have experience sponsoring visas and are happy to do so along with providing a relocation package if applicable for qualified candidates who are interested in Hong Kong. Remote candidates are also more than welcome.
We strongly believe in professional development and are supportive in ensuring personal and professional growth. You’ll be joining a small team and get to work directly with the founders.
We are willing to pay above-market rates for a superstar candidate – if you believe you are that candidate, please include code samples as well as your current salary history and expectations along with your application.