Black and White Zebra 2 weeks ago
Software Quality Engineering Writer
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Contract
- 💰 $200 Per Article
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 💡 2 Years of Experience
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 📅 Applications close on Dec 16th
Now Hiring: Remote Kick-Ass Software Quality Engineering Writer (Ongoing, Long-Term, High Quality)
You’ll be pitching, researching, writing, optimizing, and publishing articles on The QA Lead, a growing website and community for software quality engineering and QA professionals from the indie digital media publishing team at Black & White Zebra.
You’re a great fit if you…
- Legitimately love writing about test design and development, automation frameworks, quality assurance and engineering approaches, and more. You really want to make a name for yourself as a writer in this niche. You’re not just “willing to do it”—QA/QE is actually your thing.
- Think like an editor. You like digging for topics and angles, doing research and developing interesting stories. You can come up with pitches independently and receive editorial feedback to find the best story.
- Own your work—and want a platform to build an authentic relationship with a wide audience. Our blog has grown 552% in visits (yes, really!) over the past 6 months. We care deeply about our rapidly growing audience and want to publish best-in-class content that they will absolutely love.
- Understand on-page SEO and search intent. More important than any technical on-page knowledge, you demonstrate empathy for the searcher and for your audience. You understand how to research their intent. You can uncover what people are searching for. You figure out their pain points and desires and speak to those.
- Grin-worthy English writing skills
- Adaptable voice and tone (we have a style guide to help)
- The ability to breathe life and inject humour into traditionally dry topics
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-driven, and self-starter
- Good understanding of content KPIs
Nice to haves
- Experience working with content in WordPress
- Experience writing SEO-friendly copy
- Formal software QA, QE, or process engineering experience
- Freelance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Copywriting and editing: 2 years (Preferred)
- SEO writing: 2 years (Preferred)
- This is not a typical “content marketing” copywriting job. Instead, we want you to become a strategic contributor to the voice of the brand
- Article length: from 800 to 2,000+ words
- Compensation: $200 per article (with opportunities for more qualified writers to earn more) . We strongly prefer to work on a per-piece payment basis for budget forecasting reasons, rather than hourly or per word.
- You’ll be working in tandem with a multi-disciplinary, friendly team experienced in content production, digital marketing, community building, and SEO
- You have the chance to work on interesting projects and have a byline on a trustworthy, reputable blog
- Flexible workload
- Flexible schedule
- No weekends
- Ongoing & long term work
How To Apply
Please complete the application form.
- Your LinkedIn URL
- A response (less than ~300 words) to this prompt: “The Most Important Skill For Software QA Leads in 2021 Is…”
- 5 story pitches. Please pitch 5 titles for unique stories you think TheQALead.com audience would find really interesting. For each, include a sentence or two summarizing why you chose those stories or why you’d want to cover them.
Note on audience: We produce articles geared towards experienced quality assurance, software engineering, software process engineering, and quality engineering professionals.
Many of these folks followed non-traditional career routes, often starting as a programmer and transitioning into testing and then higher-level quality assurance roles where they lead teams and experiment with novel QA approaches.
Have you created your Dynamite Jobs profile yet? If not, Create one here.
Don’t forget to say:
“I found this great opportunity at Dynamite Jobs”
It helps us add more than 300+ new remote jobs each week.