moveBuddha 1 month ago
Anywhere (100% Remote) · Full Time
- 🧨 Staff Pick
- 🚀 High Growth
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 💰$50k – $60k per Year
- 💡 3+ Years of Experience
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 🔑 Work with the Founders
- 📅 Applications Close April 4th
Now Hiring: Remote WordPress Developer
Are you a WordPress Developer?
You’re probably applying to dozens of developer roles and you’re tired of reading the same BS over and over again! Sound familiar?
Well, it ought to. This was obviously ripped off from a popular job post created by the talented team at DelightChat** not so long ago.
But, that’s ok. Great developers find inspiration from all over the place and so do we… *cough* NerdWallet *cough* .
And that’s exactly the type of developer we’re looking for.
Have you ever moved? Was it awful?
We’re moveBuddha.com. We make moving better.
Years ago, Ryan worked in L.A. as a salesperson for a moving company. He noticed a few things.
- People don’t move very often, so they don’t know how to find a great mover.
- They have no idea how much it costs to move.
So, he had an idea.
Create a website that makes it easy to get instant pricing from the best movers.
So, he did just that.
And it was….
…a solid effort for someone with limited design and development experience.
Most folks don’t get their side-projects launched. Bravo, Ryan.
Fast-forward a few years to a developer meetup in Athens, Georgia where he met Jason, a developer looking for new opportunities.
Together, they launched moveBuddha v2.0 and…
… it looked like a website designed by a developer. You know what I mean.
And that’s why we made this job post.
What makes us who we are
- Flexibility. We don’t care where or when you work as long as the work gets done. We just ask for some overlap in our availability, 9am-5pm EST.
- We love to reward great work.
- We hate meetings. One quick call once a week and the rest is up to you.
- We’re transparent. We all know what everyone is working on and how the company is doing.
The role and what we’re looking for
You might want to know:
- The role is 80/20 execution and conceptualizing
- You’ll work directly with the design and product teams to conceptualize and craft experiences and tools that help our users and partners achieve their goals
- You’ll work with the marketing team and design team to create engaging blog layouts plugin-ins and themes
We’d love to talk with you if…
- You have 3+ years experience with WordPress theme and plug-in development, PHP, Git, ReactJS, Trello, TailwindCSS
- You have an attention to detail
- You are able to meet weekly deadlines
- You can iterate quickly
- You have a healthy balance of perfectionism with agile deliverables
- You have an understanding and appreciation of mobile-first and responsive web design principles
- You have a basic understanding of user psychology and why users do what they do
- You prefer to save political flame wars for awkward family dinners instead of the
You’ll fit in well with the team if you:
- Are highly organized and detail oriented
- Value humility in yourself and in others
- Have a proactive attitude with a willingness to take on any task. We are growing, but still a startup – Giving others a hand is our way of working
- Get excited when you find a new idea or tool that can improve our way of work
- Are self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload to meet critical project deadlines
What we are offering:
- A contract-to-perm role. We want to make sure that we’re a good fit for you and
- A competitive salary
- Flexibility. As long as the work is getting done we don’t care from where or when. We have employees in the Georgia, South Carolina, Mexico, Bali, and Eastern Europe
- Participation in the company’s profit sharing plan
How you can grow:
- It’s a developer role now but eventually, we will need someone to manage other
developers as the company grows
Thanks for looking and good luck with the job hunt!
Jason, Ryan and the moveBuddha team
Athens, Georgia USA