Wikilimo 11 months ago
Full Stack App Development Intern
Anywhere · Full Time
Now Hiring: Remote Full Stack App Development Intern
? Anywhere in the World
? Applications close on July 1
Wikilmo is an early stage Climate Informatics startup working to build solutions that help augment climate resilience in remote farming communities through the use of data-based predictive actionable insights delivered to the last mile. Our ongoing projects involve developing hazard monitoring solutions, estimating rainfall patterns, harmonising agricultural data, identifying and predicting possible pest outbreaks, all focussed towards delivering insights to remote locations that only have limited infrastructure and services. We are also developing an app that integrates all of these solutions into a single light-weight, intuitive and fully online-offline experience.
We expect candidates to be proficient in at least some of the following tasks. Proficiency is demonstrated through previous internships, coursework, projects and participation in hackathons & competitions.
- Be excited to work across all aspects of our product and technology stack
- Experience consuming, designing, and implementing REST based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile platforms
- Strong Python knowledge, particularly around building scalable, reliable backend services
- Experience in developing for Android ecosystem and responsive design
- Experience in writing automated unit and integration tests, understanding testing best practices, version control (git & github) and techniques that allow to ensure production-quality code
- Demonstrated deployments of enterprise or consumer-facing hybrid mobile solutions for industry standard environments
- Experience with eventing data out of hybrid mobile applications to other systems for analytics
- Willing to engage in rigorous code reviews and give/receive friendly, constructive criticism for the sake of creating high-quality software.
- Build solutions that directly impact and augment adaptations for Climate Change
- Get mentored and work with a team of fun and experienced engineers in machine learning for Earth Observations
- evelop crucial software engineering skills for working in distributed and agile data science teams
Want to be notified about internships like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.